Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine-Free Sun Shock Water Purifier

1. Back To Top    #1

Grandy, NC

Chlorine-Free Sun Shock Water Purifier

Really? Does this work? Says up to 35,000 gallons. Anyone have any experience? Chem Geek - anything? Or sounds too good to be true - probably is?

19300 gal, AG vinyl, 1 HP Pentair Dynamo two stage pump, 3 yr old Hayward Vari-Flo sand filter, pool 10(?) yrs old, well water, testing with Taylor K2006

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Chlorine-Free Sun Shock Water Purifier

Just another copper ionizer. Stay away.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Straight from their website under the Product Description tab.
    Note: While Chemical-Free Sun Shock is extremely effective in killing algae and keeping your pool crystal clear, we recommend using a small (2 to 3 parts per million) of sanitizer to keep your pool microbe-free.
    2-3 ppm FC is pretty typical daily consumption for a pool without this miracle device. So where's the savings?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

They mentioned that the unit attracts "Calcium" I am on a water well, and I do have a water softener (house), but would not even try to fill my pool with softened water.
    Does this unit attract calcium like they state it will..??
    Because this is a hassle (see photo) glass beading.
    I also have a "Nature2 Express Mineral Cartridge" which seems to be a gimmick, should I abandon the Nature2 Express Mineral Cartridge if I use a "Sun Shock"
    22K gal Plaster, 3M color, (4) Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pumps (P6E6G-208L), Sta-Rite System 3 Filter (Sm8-500),
    Pentair Intellitouch System I9 + 3,Pentair Intellitouch System I10X Expansion center, Intellitouch Spa remote.
    Helicoil Solar Heating, Sta-Rite SR400 (Propane) Heater
    (3) PG2000 Illuminators, Pentair 320 Chlorine Feeder, Zodiac Nature2,
    Pool Shark (GW7700), All Jandy Neverlube valves (with Actuators), Jandy Check Valves.
    Sam Light Spectrum Amerilite (color changing w/color swim) SaL (color changing w/color swim,also)
    Pentair Auto Fill ... 100% real Rock all Hand picked, no concrete formed rocks, or slab

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

I would abandon Nature2 and then not even consider this product. TFP teaches simplicity.

Don't add things to your pool you don't need and, most always, don't work, either.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School