Hiya! Excited to have found you

pH could be a little stubborn for a couple reasons. We know aeration tends to raise pH, and you do have a SWG, and that will increase pH a little. Also, pH tends to float up or down with TA. So if your TA is on the high side, it tends to pull pH up with it. The trick there is to keep working TA and pH (down with acid), sometimes taking pH slightly below the ideal 7.2 (about 7.0), then aerating to raise the pH (only) back to 7.2. This may take several attempts to bring them both down to where pH will hopefully be more stable. For example, in my pool when I first got it, I kept my TA at about 100-120 because that's what I "thought" was required. Now I've learned that my pool likes TA around 60-70 to hold my pH in the lower - mid 7s better. Here's the TFP page on the subject: Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity.

Happy spring my good pool people! Since I'm such a noob still, I thought I'd just continue my short thread from when you all helped me last year. I'm all set and excited for my first full season and ready with my TF-100, Stir stick, and Dolphin vac.

I had quite the dramatic first winter. My decaying cover collapsed under the snowpocalypse and half the water got drained from the pool. I think this was a blessing in disguise because I got started early and did all the cover and cleaning myself to avoid those costs from the pool company. The Dolphin made cleaning a breeze! We're all opened now and the pool looks great. Here are my test numbers.

PH 7.8
FC 2.5
CC 0
CH 375
TA 80 (starts changing colors at 60 but then goes back or to white)
CYA 50

I'm super pumped about my CYA which is another blessing of the pool draining. Everything but PH seems ok to me but I'd feel much better hearing from you all.

Other then that, I'm freaking out I have a leak somewhere. I didn't pay too close attention but I swear I lost half and inch of water. Just started paying more attention now so hopefully I'm either nuts or I just find something isn't tightened well.

Anyhow - any pointers on my chems would be appreciated. Very excited for a great first full year!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.