LoopLoc II Cover Install

Gunnert

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 1, 2012
I have a 38' x 14' fiberglass, Leisure Moroccan pool I've purchased the LoopLoc cover and need to install same. Shape of pool is basically rectangle with a about a 15' "half moon" indentation on one side. Instructions call for laying out a a grid of line to support cover prior to installation, but, I've read in several places on the internet that you just center the cover, measure back 18" from cover edge, and sequentially install anchors..

Anyone else installed one of these and have do/don'ts and/or lesson learned? Thanks in advance...

I don't know how you'd center the cover without the grid of ropes. The cover will be incredibly heavy once it touches the water and that will pull the edges into the pool. It shouldn't take a half hour to string the ropes.

I don't know how you'd center the cover without the grid of ropes. The cover will be incredibly heavy once it touches the water and that will pull the edges into the pool. It shouldn't take a half hour to string the ropes.
+1 Agreed, you need to run the grid of ropes to support the cover. Drive stakes into the nearest available ground around the pool to anchor the ropes. Also make sure the spring buckles are not fully tight to the cover so that you can adjust them when the anchors are installed.

I would lay out a grid of ropes for determining the position of your anchors. You'll want to set them up as close as you can to the grid layout of your actual cover. This will help keep the cover square and eliminate problems with cover bulging and creasing due to out of position, out of square anchor locations. You can do this without the cover on, install the anchors 18" from the pool edge, then put the cover on once anchors are installed and ropes removed. Meticulous installation of the anchors will save you from problems later, such as having to reposition anchors and drilling more holes in your decking.

I fill the pool to the top of the coping stone when I am installing a new pool cover. The cover slides easily into position and buckets of water can easily keep the cover where you placed it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.