Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure dropping when we need to clean

1. Back To Top    #1

Pressure dropping when we need to clean

I am not sure our pump has ever worked properly. In order to get a reading on the gauge we have to have our pump on high. On the low setting the needle barely moves.

After filter is cleaned high setting reads 12-14. As it gets dirty is drops to about 10. That's how we know we need to clean it.

What do you think is causing this?

Thank You in advance! Everyone here is so helpful
    24,000 gallon, 21x43 Oval Wilbur AGP installed June 2015. 10'X24' deck. 2hp Aqua Pro Cartridge Filter. Using TFP method.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pressure dropping when we need to clean

Dirty filters cause pressure to rise, not fall. Time for a new gauge I think.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

We thought the same thing so we have actually replaced the gauge twice

- - - Updated - - -

I should note: I noticed it after vacuuming yesterday. It was at 10 and then after vacuuming and cleaning the filter it went up to 12.
    24,000 gallon, 21x43 Oval Wilbur AGP installed June 2015. 10'X24' deck. 2hp Aqua Pro Cartridge Filter. Using TFP method.

4. Back To Top    #4

If needed, you might like to look at one of these gauges for only $11: TFTestkits.net. Glycerin-filled, a very good value.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank You Texas Splash! I am not sure if we need a new gauge or not. The company sent us a new one a while ago. So we have two and both do the same the thing. Our pool/pump is brand new. Purchased in May.