New guy with new pool

May 30, 2015
Winterville, NC
Ist time pool owner. I put up a 27' AG pool at beginning of summer. Installed a Nature 2 Express Mineral Sanitizer while running the pump usually arount 8-10 hours a day. I add liquid bleech and put in the 3" chlorine tabs to the skimmer box as needed. Didn't do a great job this summer keeping up with brushing the walls or vacuuming the bottom as the pool turned green about 4 times. The water color this morning is a blueish to light greenish in color but I can still see to the bottom. My current levels are:

PH 7.5
CL +5
FC +20
CC +1
CH 125
TA 200
CYA 65

I last backwashed and cleaned the sand filter yesterday. I'm currently adding about 2" of fresh tap water as the water level is to the middle of the rectangle skimmer box. Im thinking I need to keep the clorine level high while brushing the walls everyday which I haven't done in about 3 days. I have attached a current pic of the pool. Any suggestions for clearing the water will be appreciated and a thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20150906.JPG
    Snapshot_20150906.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 29
Hello and welcome! I suspect the problems you are encountering may be related primarily to the Nature 2 system. If you look at the threads I posted below, you'll see that that system tends to introduce metal to your water which in-turn tends to change not only the appearance of the water, but in the case of copper can turn hair green. None of these are desirable features of course, and certainly not needed when a pool is properly maintained with regular liquid bleach or an SWG. Please review the following:
Nature 2 device and water chemistry
Nature2 Express - Good? Bad? $$$ Wasted???
You should also consider removing any tablets/pucks form a chlorinator as they tend to raise your CYA to unmanageable levels. You're already getting pretty high as it is.
Please take a quick look at our Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals as it will show you the basic products we use to follow the TFPC proven methods. After reviewing the threads above, check back in and let us know if you still have questions on how best to proceed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.