Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FAS/DPD test kit THAILAND

1. Back To Top    #1

FAS/DPD test kit THAILAND

Anyone living in Thailand that knows how to aquire a proper test kit please enlighten me. Recently made an impulse pool purchase and had no idea that there was so much to maintaining one. It smells as though i have to shock the pool but do not have a fas/dpd test kit (nor am able to test CC). So as i understand it I'll be blind without it.
    15' 48" Intex 4400 gallon AG vinyl pool with small stock Krystal Clear 638R filter pump that comes with the pool. Pool outside yet is covered with a 19' square blue tent (no direct sunlight). Saku ph & cl test kit model: dv-3025. NE Thailand.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FAS/DPD test kit THAILAND

While not as accurate, if you have a DPD chlorine test kit that has a comparator with shades of pink/red, you can dilute a water sample to be able to read higher chlorine levels. You'll still need to find a kit that has a Cyanuric Acid (CYA) test. This doesn't replace getting a better kit bit may let you get by for now.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: FAS/DPD test kit THAILAND

Ok thanks
    15' 48" Intex 4400 gallon AG vinyl pool with small stock Krystal Clear 638R filter pump that comes with the pool. Pool outside yet is covered with a 19' square blue tent (no direct sunlight). Saku ph & cl test kit model: dv-3025. NE Thailand.