Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Will robot run okay under closed pool cover?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Tucson AZ

Will robot run okay under closed pool cover?

Hi all,

Just got my Maytronics/Dolphin Triton today (Sunplay has a great price). It seems to be doing a good job.

Now I'm wondering if it would run okay with my automatic pool cover mostly closed. I'd like to keep it closed because it is starting to cool off, and I want to wait as long as possible before running the heater.

The pool cover rests on the water's surface. I figure the possible problems would be drag on the long cable where it floats on the surface (and touches the cover) and bumping into the cover when trying to scrub the tile line. I don't care if it quits on the tile line.

What do folks think? Anyone running their robot under a cover?

Eva in Tucson, 9800 gallons IG, under full roof, also with vinyl cover, pebblefina, Pentair 1 HP pump, Pentair 320 sq ft cartridge, Aquacomfort 1150 heat pump, ozonator, Maytronics Dolphin Triton robot. Brand New June 22, 2015!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Will robot run okay under closed pool cover?

Hi Eva,
    your robot will work fine under the cover.
    No worries.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!