Out of DPD - pool store had . . .

Jun 14, 2012
Blaine, MN
We are in the processing of slamming our pool and ran out of DPD. Drats! While waiting for the order to arrive, I went to the pool store and they sold me DPD1Rapid by LaMotte - TesTabs. I had just a little left of DPD and did a control test and the tabs seem to be off by about 4 drops. I gotta say i am loving the tablets though. Anyone have an experience with them? Can I keep using them once the real DPD comes?

We have put in 16 gallons of bleach since Tuesday or Wednesday. Does that seem excessive to anyone? Our CYA level was zero but I added in a gallon of liquid stabilizer and 1/2 pound granulated stabilizer with the sock yesterday. CYA is now testing around 40 so my target level is 16-20.

Thanks,
Blonde Marcello

Yay - it looks like the pool turned around over night. It's hard to tell for sure because it also rained 1" so the numbers are little off but the water is definitely more blue than green. Poured in the last bottle of bleach. On my way to get some more to keep an eye on it today. Should there be any concerns about people swimming in it tonight? Is the shock level of bleach bad for people? We've been trying to hold it at 20 for shock level.

What we say is:
If you can see the bottom clearly( for safety)
If your FC is below or right at SLAM level
If your pH is within the limits
You should be fine to swim.
It is suggested that you not use your best suit just in case. But in the end it should be fine.

bob, Yes I had enough leftover powder to do the comparison test. Still not sure if the tablets are accurate. Will check again when the powder arrives. I am liking the tablets so if they are accurate, will probably continue to use them. I will keep you posted on the results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.