Intex purespa setup

Ame

May 22, 2013
Phoenix Arizona
I just got the intex purespa. The one with the swg. I added 4 lbs of salt it called for 4.4. Didn't want to over do. I turned the heater on last night. Temp is good now. I need to run the swg to start sanitation can I run it same time as heater? Also how many hours should I run I'm in az temp last couple days approx 100. Do I need to add cya? Or is that just for salt pools?

You can run the SWG at the same time as a heater. You most definitely need to add CYA or else the chlorine will be too strong (CYA significantly moderates chlorine's strength). For a spa, target 30-40 ppm CYA. As for how long to run the SWG, you'll have to experiment to see how quickly it outputs chlorine but the loss from sunlight will be somewhat higher than in a pool due to the shallower depth. There is also additional loss from the higher spa water temperature.

ok, so i used the pool cal and added approx 1 tsp of CYA granules, read cya next day CYA not reading? I added another tsp, will check again this afternoon. I was wondering how often i may need to run the SWG I ran it the 1st day for 8 hours to get chlorine going and it read approx 3. so that was good right? but now that its up, how often and how long is a good place to start for the swg?

CYA is slow to dissolve so may not read in the test right away. As for the SWG, you'll have to experiment with how long you need to run it to maintain a chlorine level. Just remember that if you use the spa infrequently, you may need to add chlorine after your soak and use the SWG for background dosing.

That's unlikely since melamine doesn't go bad very quickly. If you grind some CYA granules into a powder and add them to a bucket of warm/hot water you should be able to register a reading. 1/8th of a teaspoon of CYA per gallon should show up as 150 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.