Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M5 - She's dead, Jim

1. Back To Top    #1

Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M5 - She's dead, Jim

My M5 started cleaning in circles and I noticed only one track was moving. Able to move them both manually, I took apart the casing and found that the dead motor had water in it. The machine was purchased over the Internet 26 months ago so it is unlikely I can make a warranty claim.

I found a motor pack online for $400 - but at that price, am I better off just buying something new? I appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks for your help!

- Flappy

Edit: the $400 motor pack is an in-store repair only and the parts are special order. The robot isn't very practical to ship.
    Last edited by Uncle Flappy; 09-05-2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Edit: the $400 motor pack is an in-store repair only and the parts are special order. The robot isn't very practical to ship
    16,500 gallon IG Pool & Spa: Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Triton II TR-100 sand filter, Teledyne Laars Lite2 propane heater
    Laminar Jets (2): Hayward Maxflow SP1600 1/2HP, Hayward Star Clear C500 cartridge filter
    Jandy iAqualink RS-8 Rev T, Hayward AquaRite AQR15, Dolphin Supreme M5, Taylor K-2006, Taylor K-1766

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M5 - She's dead, Jim

Update: Turns out my warranty will be supported after all.
    I just need to ship the unit to Colorado. The folks at Marina Pool, Spa, and Patio were very nice and even sent me a shipping label.

- Flappy
    16,500 gallon IG Pool & Spa: Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Triton II TR-100 sand filter, Teledyne Laars Lite2 propane heater
    Laminar Jets (2): Hayward Maxflow SP1600 1/2HP, Hayward Star Clear C500 cartridge filter
    Jandy iAqualink RS-8 Rev T, Hayward AquaRite AQR15, Dolphin Supreme M5, Taylor K-2006, Taylor K-1766

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M5 - She's dead, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Flappy View Post
    Update: Turns out my warranty will be supported after all.
    I just need to ship the unit to Colorado. The folks at Marina Pool, Spa, and Patio were very nice and even sent me a shipping label.

- Flappy
    I have dealt with them a few times buying parts and they have been a dream to work with.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon