Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air in pump when using Kreepy Krawley

1. Back To Top    #1

Air in pump when using Kreepy Krawley

Hi all

I have notices that when we are using the Kreepy Krawley, the pump pressure goes down, and air enters the basket. I can also see air bubbles at the return jets.

When we are not using it, and are circulating water through the skimmer, the pump has full prime, no air in the basket, and no air bubbles in the return jets.

Is this normal?

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG
    20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air in pump when using Kreepy Krawley

I have the same issue going on. I pulled out the KK and noticed that there are a few cracks in a few of the hoses...
    13000 Gal rectangle gunite w/Aqua-Glass IG lap pool built in 1987 resurfaced (Aqua-Glass) in 2010, Hayward Max-Flo VS pump (model SP2302VSP)
    Rheem Gas Heater 266,000 BTUH (P-M267A-EN-C), Hayward Pro Grid D.E. Filter model DE3620, ThePoolCleaner, CoverPro safety pool cover, TF-100 test kit w/SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

It's not uncommon. The cleaner restricts water flow, which can starve the pump for water. You can also have leaks in the hose like 806 mentioned.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks both. I started thinking the hose may be the source....and given the restricted water flow.... Pump doesn't appear to mind much

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG
    20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump