Aquarite not working - new resistor installed, but circuit breaker won't stay on?

AMucci

Sep 5, 2015
Lakeland, FL
Hi - new to TFP, but WOW - what a great find!
I suspected my Aquarite was not generating chlorine, and discovered power and generating lights were cycling on and off every 30 seconds or so. Based on threads I found here, I ordered a new resistor from DigiKey. Old one was cracked and fell apart when we removed it.
New resistor was soldered on the panel, I reinstalled the panel in the box, but now the pool circuit breaker will not stay on. I can move it to the on position and then it slowly moves itself back into "OFF" position.
Only thing I noticed in the box is a possible burn mark that I'm 90% certain was not there before I reinstalled the panel. Unfortunately I was at breaker box when I tried turning power back on so I didn't see what happened. Photo is attached.

Any advice?? Thank you in advance!
IMG_4268.jpg

You're going to need to pull that board out and look on both sides for a component that may have created that burn mark. Are you certain none of your AC input wires are shorting to the panel housing? Are you supplying 220V (double breaker) or 110V(single breaker) from your main breaker panel? Do you have a multimeter to troubleshoot further?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something is seriously shorted if you're throwing a set of 240 volt circuit breakers. Disconnect the SWCG and run everything else on the circuit and see if it still trips. If it's fine it's probably the SWCG board. Sorry, but you may be looking at a new board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.