Filter Question

salem

Jul 12, 2015
Driftless, WI
Our pool has been up since the end of July. It has kind of been a nightmare. We purchased it and all accessories off cl. My issue is this filter... do these things actually work? Is this anywhere near the size I should have for this pool? The previous owners said it worked great for them. We have owned a hot tub that uses the same filter - so much less water. I first noticed that when I vacuum the pool it seems that particles come back through the return. Now, tomorrow I'm going to start battle on an algae problem. My question would be: Can I clear up my pool with this filter? I've already been searching cl for a sand filter hoping to pick up one cheap since it's the end of the season. What is your advice? I'm studying the SLAM process and starting in the morning. The water doesn't look terrible, I think I'm catching it pretty early. Posting a new thread for that right now. I just wanted to get some filter suggestions here.
Thanks so much all you helpful folks!

Just wanted to add. The filter runs at 15 psi - pretty much all the time. I cleaned it once because I just thought I should - it was dirty, but I would think it would go up more, especially now that I've been vacuuming algae.

Agree...a 50 sqft cartridge filter is VERY small for a 16k gallon pool. Normally, you want a minimum of 100 sqft per 10k gallons for cartridge but bigger is better to keep cleaning frequency down.

My cartridge filter has 450 sqft for my 25k gallon pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.