Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Conflicting test results

1. Back To Top    #1

Conflicting test results

I bought the test kit last a year and half ago. Historically, my results and Leslie's have matched or been very close. Now they are significantly different which has me wondering who is accurate as I am using a good bit of acid for my 10,700 gallon salt play pool.

TA me= 45. Leslie's = 90
    CH me = 675. Leslie's = 320
    Cya me = 60. Leslie's = 30

I am most worried about the calcium hardness and total alkalinity.

Any suggestions? Is my regent perhaps bad?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Conflicting test results

Which test kit are you using? I don't see it in your signature.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Tft 100

4. Back To Top    #4

Most definitely go with yours! No doubt. Just rely on the instructions and testing in a standardized fashion. Take your time during drops and counting, etc. Your TF-100 is far more accurate and reliable. If you ever have a question about a particular test though, just ask away.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that some results matched previously with the store was probably just a coincidence. Different employees, methods, lighting, etc, all tend to skew their results.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Hello, I would think if you are using either the TF100 or the K2006 test kit your test would be the most accurate of the 2.

Please fill out you Signature Information by going to Forum Actions above, then clicking General Settings then look on the left side for the Bold print section My Settings, then click Edit Signature.

Here is a link that shows the type of information that needs to be included. http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...efore-you-post

This way we can determine if you have a vinyl liner , what type of pool you have, etc. So we can give you better advice on your concerns of TA and CH, and where you need to adjust too etc. Have a wonderful day
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

6. Back To Top    #6

Mobile now so will do that later. TF100 in a 10,700 quartz pool with swg. Cartridge filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Jase1125 View Post
    I bought the test kit last a year and half ago. ...................

Any suggestions? Is my regent perhaps bad?
    I'll defer to others with more knowledge as I'm too much of a newbie to say for sure, but If you bought the kit 18+ months ago it's conceivable that the regents are past their life?
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

8. Back To Top    #8

There have indeed been numerous discussions on the service life of reagents. The general consensus is that many of those reagents have been known to be quite reliable for more than one season as long as they have been in a controlled environment. I myself still have some drops that are going on season #3. But they are kept in our air conditioned laundry room.

9. Back To Top    #9

Same place I store mine. In the laundry room