Opinoins Please! oblong vs round easyset pools which is a better pool to buy

irebel

Sep 4, 2015
BC canada
Opinions Please!

I am going to buy a setset pool for next year. I started out thinking I should get the 16'x42" round pool. (with the inflatable ring on the top) I came across a cheaper price one the is oblong (oval)18'x10'x42" same brand Intex.

Has anyone own both? and which do you like the best?

I am worried with the oblong oval pool might have problems in the future on the sides where the metal supports are. Rubbing or pulling and creating a rip or weaken the plastic. And of course there are no side with the round pool.

I have a small 8'x30" right now and love the simplicity of how easy it goes up and down.

I appreciate your opinions on weather I should get the round or the oval.

Thank You

I myself started out with a 12' x 30" Intex easy set pool I picked up brand new at the local pawn shop for 30$. It started my "pool addiction", slowly I started adding stuff to it mainly a solar heating device in the first two years. In year 3 I went up to a 15' x 36" easy set, brought onboard a sand filter and a SWG plus expanded my solar panel. Two years ago I went up to the 16' x 42" easy set with inflatable top ring, it was good but I had been noticing that the top rings kept developing leaks for me, so this year I went with a 24' x 52" metal frame intex pool. The big difference between the inflatable top ring and "frame" pools is ease of cleaning at year end and set up in the spring. The inflatable ring is also a bit more forgiving when out of level, but one should endevour to level the surface as good as possible before setting up the pool, and in the case of a "frame" pool make sure you have plywood or cement blocks down to support the frame when the pool is full.
My neighbours have been running the "frame" pools all these years and the only wear I have seen is where the ladder on one rubs against the top of the liner. I move my ladder every few days to avoid it rubbing a hole in the bottom which is the thinnest part, seems to keep me trouble free.
So I am leaning towards the oval, also make plans to add a sand filter and a good test kit. The sand filter will pay for itself in filter savings for sure by the end of the second season, and if you are ever unfortunate to end up with a "green pool" even Intex advises with their cartridge filters to just drain, clean and refill, a sand filter will enable to fight and beat an algae bloom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.