Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Prologic fill automation

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Prologic fill automation

Hi, first post. I have a fill line going into my pool that runs underground back to my equipment where there is a manual valve that is used to add water to the pool. I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to use an open aux or valve button on the Prologic to control an actuated valve for the fill line. I was thinking of maybe using a sprinkler valve but not sure of the Prologic can actuate it. Was thinking it would be nice to program the button as a countdown, say maybe to keep the valve open for 15 minutes when pressed. Thanks for any input.
    20k gal IG Pebble with spa. Hayward Ecostar, 525 sqft cartridge filter, 400k BTU heater, Polaris 280, Prologic PS-8, T-15 salt cell, FloVis flow meter, Belgard paver deck

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hayward Prologic fill automation

I have not heard of an automated system other than the auto fills that use the same water level as your pool..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Our actuators normally fit a 1.5" to 2.5" lines but the line can be increased coming in and out of valve. Our two way valve with an actuator can be used as long las valve 3 &4 are not already being used.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Hayward, could you provide part numbers for the 2 Way valve and actuator that would be good to do this, Thanks.

20k gal IG Pebble with spa. Hayward Ecostar, 525 sqft cartridge filter, 400k BTU heater, Polaris 280, Prologic PS-8, T-15 salt cell, FloVis flow meter, Belgard paver deck

5. Back To Top    #5

I have valve 4 unused