Auto Pool Vacuumer

Aug 1, 2015
Wheatfield, NY
I've seen ads for cleaners like Wanda and AquaBug that clean the bottom. Sounds like a better way. Buttt...

1. Do you leave it on all the time?
2. If not how much time?
3. Since it works off the skimmer, if its running do you lose the skimming action?
4. Any downsides?

I've seen ads for cleaners like Wanda and AquaBug that clean the bottom. Sounds like a better way. Buttt...
Reviews are good for the bug line of Haywards suction side cleaners for the most part
1. Do you leave it on all the time?
2. If not how much time?
I have a different Hayward suction side cleaner, plan on running it twice a week during swim season during the night when my "big" pump runs, right now I am keeping it in the pool and "debugging" it as it were until pool closing.
3. Since it works off the skimmer, if its running do you lose the skimming action?
I really haven't lost any skimming action as the hose vibrates when in use and tends to send floaties to the bottom where they are sucked up.
4. Any downsides?
Not having a leaf catcher/in line skimmer to use with the cleaner I find myself emptying the pump strainer more often, I used to mainly worry about the skimmer basket strainer for the most part.
It doesn't do as good of a job as I do, but it will go into 63 degree F water which I won't, the parts it misses are small and can easily be vac'd by hand if need be. We went for our year end dip last weekend and I didn't feel the need to vac at all. You can change the pattern by simply adding or removing a length or two of hose this should get most of the bottom.
It does tend to hang up on stuff in the pool my skimmer mount and heater hoses but I am working around those problems this fall hopefully making it troublefree for next season.
The wife thinks it is cool and calls it "Freddie" looking like I am about to loose my lucrative "poolboy" job soon :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.