Who's building it and how much?

Why not post the pool builder and the cost of these pool builds?

It will only help us as consumers get the best deal possible when it comes time to talk numbers with the PBs...

It really isnt that private what they are quoting us and what they are actually costing when the project is completed.

I'll start...

overall details of my build are in my sig....

Southern California

Pool Builder BLUE FOUNTAIN POOLS
Salesman DAVID (forgot last name for now)
Proposal $34,888 (paid exactly that)

Concrete Decking J & B CUSTOM CONCRETE DESIGNS
Proposal $5,400 (actual cost was $5,000 even)

Or is this being tactless and insensitive? I've always had a problem with that.

thanks

Attachments

• full of water.jpg
    full of water.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,302
I think having price doesn't really help unless you really list everything that is in the cost of your pool. For example my pool has retaining walls out the yin yang because of my lot PLUS lots of extra steel because of the fact that half of the pool is out of the ground. Then you take in the sq ft/in ft of the pool, depths, finish types, upgrade cost of certain tile, it is near impossible to compare apples and oranges. I think you got a great deal compared to the cost of my pool BUT I don't think you could even build a pool in my City for that because of all the rock in the ground etc... I didn't get one quote for under 57k and that was with no spa.

I think having price doesn't really help unless you really list everything that is in the cost of your pool. For example my pool has retaining walls out the yin yang because of my lot PLUS lots of extra steel because of the fact that half of the pool is out of the ground. Then you take in the sq ft/in ft of the pool, depths, finish types, upgrade cost of certain tile, it is near impossible to compare apples and oranges. I think you got a great deal compared to the cost of my pool BUT I don't think you could even build a pool in my City for that because of all the rock in the ground etc... I didn't get one quote for under 57k and that was with no spa.
good point...but just knowing that someone without any rock issues or extra steel could get it for this number may help someone with their negotiations

Your pool looks really good. I think where you live has a lot to do with it also. In NH we could not get that pool in Gunite for that price. All in my pool was about 50k and it is a liner pool and gunite would have been more. For example pavers here are $15-$20 a ft, I think in Florida they are like $3.00 a ft. makes a big difference for 700 or 1000 sq ft.

$35k! I a. Looking at 32x18 free form pools all pentair equip swc, Pebblesheen, flagstone coping stacked stone , 7ft spa for $56-70k from 2 big so ca builders, I am either getting ripped off or you found the builder deal of the year

$35k! I a. Looking at 32x18 free form pools all pentair equip swc, Pebblesheen, flagstone coping stacked stone , 7ft spa for $56-70k from 2 big so ca builders, I am either getting ripped off or you found the builder deal of the year

we were getting quotes like that too, but after researching and speaking to a few people that used BLUE FOUNTAIN POOLS, that is who we decided on...give them a call and ask for David to come out and quote you...

You are getting Pebble and flagstone, we just got stamped concrete coping and gray plaster...if we went with Pebble, it would have been an additional $2400 and if we went salt, another $1500

We didnt ask for Flagstone, so I am not sure of their upgrade for that

the subs all did a great job, their in house tile guys did a good job (coming back to resolve a few small issues) but as long as you stay on top of them, it turned out great

I like the idea of the thread. Give the rest of us that are still dreaming of building a pool a general ball park to look at. But on the flip side there are a huge number of variables to take in that you really cant compare. Even if you have 5 people spread all over get the exact same pool built. Every little thing the same on each pool there would still be huge price differences. But as said if you give the ball park amount that gives us dreamers something to shoot for.

I agree with some of you on this. Price really depends on options and area you live. But other than that the basic pool should not cost more than 35k-40K through a PB and about 30-35K through an owner build. It is the extras that drive the price up. LOL.
My equipment and lights alone for mine are at about 10K and that is getting this stuff at cost. This does not include my sunken bar kitchen appliances. LOL

So it really depends on the build. There is no negotiation room with PB during the build, but as an owner build, you can save money by negotiating with subs and can add small upgrades for very little cost.

we were getting quotes like that too, but after researching and speaking to a few people that used BLUE FOUNTAIN POOLS, that is who we decided on...give them a call and ask for David to come out and quote you...

You are getting Pebble and flagstone, we just got stamped concrete coping and gray plaster...if we went with Pebble, it would have been an additional $2400 and if we went salt, another $1500

We didnt ask for Flagstone, so I am not sure of their upgrade for that

the subs all did a great job, their in house tile guys did a good job (coming back to resolve a few small issues) but as long as you stay on top of them, it turned out great

Then I am getting hosed. Base pool cost @ $76k with the following specs

(1) 011018 Pentair Intelliflo Variable SPD Pumps VS+
(1) 460805 Pentair Master Temp HD Heater 400BTU NG Low Nox HD
(1) 160332 Pentair Clean & Clear Filter Cartridge 520 Sq. Ft
(1) 520545 Pentair Easytouch 8SC-IC40 Pool/Spa (incl SCG, IC40,2 ACT)
(1) 522104 Pentair Screen Logic Bundle
(1) 84420605 Pentair Concrete NSF Skimmer SC20 Flap Weir 2” Slip
(1) Pentair Intellibrite spa light
(2) Pentair Intellibrite pool lights.

32x18 free form 3.5-5.5 deep, with 7ft spa. Pebble tech, SWG, All electrical and plumbing for the pool.
water line tile @ 1600 , the flagstone coping @2700. includes permits.

This did not include decking with either PB.

The 2nd quote was $64k for the same spec pool/spa.

How is the other builder doing this for 30,000k less? Build quality or I am getting ripped off.

Pavers (belgard,Olson @ $13SF)
planter walls, drainage
lighting, plants etc were more.

I think I will give your builder a call.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Then I am getting hosed. Base pool cost @ $76k with the following specs

(1) 011018 Pentair Intelliflo Variable SPD Pumps VS+
(1) 460805 Pentair Master Temp HD Heater 400BTU NG Low Nox HD
(1) 160332 Pentair Clean & Clear Filter Cartridge 520 Sq. Ft
(1) 520545 Pentair Easytouch 8SC-IC40 Pool/Spa (incl SCG, IC40,2 ACT)
(1) 522104 Pentair Screen Logic Bundle
(1) 84420605 Pentair Concrete NSF Skimmer SC20 Flap Weir 2” Slip
(1) Pentair Intellibrite spa light
(2) Pentair Intellibrite pool lights.

32x18 free form 3.5-5.5 deep, with 7ft spa. Pebble tech, SWG, All electrical and plumbing for the pool.
water line tile @ 1600 or flagstone coping @2700. includes permits.

This did not include decking with either PB.

The 2nd quote was $64k for the same spec pool/spa.

How is the other builder doing this for 30,000k less? Build quality or I am getting ripped off.

Pavers (belgard,Olson @ $13SF)
planter walls, drainage
lighting, plants etc were more.

I think I will give your builder a call.

All I am saying that a thread like this could come in handy for this exact reason...

I am not saying I got the best deal by any means...in fact, Pacific Pools would have been the same price but a foot deeper and 2 fit longer but they would have taken longer to get it completed.

The build quality of our pool is a 8 out of 10 probably...but as long as you arent afraid to voice your concerns, they will take care of any issues. Like I said the tile is the only trade that is done in house and that is the only one that really needed to come back for anything.

It wouldn't hurt to call and talk to David at 909-636-2847 and be sure to tell him Richard Aaron told you to call (referral fee hopefully...I've got pool chemicals to pay for ;-)

What is the depth of you pool? And is the coping poured in place or pre-cast?

6' deep and the coping is pre-cast. So it was part of the cost...if I would have opted for one piece or poured in place, the pool price would have been less but the concrete would have been more. I decided the pre-cast for us made most sense becuase we liked the look of the coping and we could replace if ever need be for any reason a little easier than the poured in place or cantilever

Now be gentle to me people. If you look at my posts and look at what my backyard looked like before we started our year long project (thought we would be done in 6 months) its all the extra projects that can add a lot of cost. Like all of you, we worked hard through our careers ( not done yet) . I started my working life in the U.S. Army, from there I started working in a manufacturing plant running machines and then on to be a tool & Die maker. During my time in the hourly work force, I was a card carrying UAW (United Auto Workers) member. Then I went over to the dark side (management). At that time my future wife (also still my wife) worked in the same company. Long story short, I received several promotions and after becoming a VP, I had to actually sever my wife because she would have been in a position where she would have reported to me in my new job. Never fear, Diane adjusted well to her new found freedom. So I have worked hard and know the value of a buck.

Now on to some of those other cost:
Perimeter stucco walls(310 linear feet) with stone $54k
Sea wall (110 linear feet) with Trex boardwalk and Al. rail $ 32k
A/V equipment $19k
Landscaping and sprinkler system $30k
Outdoor landscape lighting $16k
Hand made Mahogany gates $16k
Marble Lions for the pedestals of the infinity edge $8k
Mosaic in the bottom of the pool (installed) $16k
outdoor furniture $15k
Additional surveillance cameras for outdoors $4k
Pergola (made by Equinox) $18k
Stone on the back of the house $9k

I didn't even talk about the pool, all the stone retaining walls, kitchen, catch basin, travertine and probably some of the stuff I forgot about. There is over 850,000 lbs. of concrete and block in the backyard.

Whew! It all adds up. Final cost started with a 4

We are blessed in life and it's all paid for. I can tell you my first 2 pools were nowhere as costly or involved as this project. Whether your pool project is your first, last or something in between, the fun and fulfillment is the same for all of us.

just my .02 cents

Before:

After:

• Wow
Reactions: nobueno
Thanks Divin Dave, Everything still working fine. Had to replace a couple of speakers for the sound system

If you click on the videos they take a little while to load. They are day and night video from my drone

Now I know what my pool wants to be when it grows up!!!

but like you, mines paid for and that means the world to me...my dad taught me when I was young to never ever finance a toy! No matter what kind of toy it is weather it's a boat or even the pool.

Dang, and I was stressing over $200 for outdoor speakers ;-)

awesome job man

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.