An overdue TY and 2 questions

Jun 13, 2012
Russellville, AR
First and foremost, I want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you here at TFP! This year has really been the most trouble free summer with the pool so far, and it has been great. AND it couldn't have happened without the patient help and suggestions I've received here over the last few years (go back and check some of my older posts - not a happy camper!) So, cheers to you fine folks at TFP! :cheers:

Now for the questions: going to be winterizing the pool very soon.
1) Do I need to remove the Hayward through-the-wall skimmer I installed at the beginning of the season (that's going to leave a big hole - cover it?)

2) Last year I used the pool wrap (that plastic wrap looking stuff) along with the tarp and leaf net. What are your opinions on the wrap? It held most of the off-season last year, but I don't know if it actually made a difference or not so I'm unsure whether to buy it again this year.

Thanks!

I don't remove my Hayward skimmer. I have a valve between it and the pump that I just shut. You could also drain just below the skimmer. I would be hesitant to let it sit all winter with that hole in the wall and no frame around it to support it.

jeffchap, I am planning on draining the pool 6" below the return hole and disconnecting all the plumbing like last year. I was worried that the skimmer hanging from the 1/2 full liner would put too much stress on the liner.
But granted, I have no idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.