Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Conversion Time

1. Back To Top    #1

Conversion Time

I have finally thrown in the towel and purchased an American SPS PureChlor system for my liner pool. Hopefully the 40000 gallon unit works well with my 25000 gallon pool. At the same time I am going to build my own wifi automation process system to control flow, the generator, pH, pool level and temperature.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Conversion Time

Interesting idea of the home made auto system....give us more details when you get it up and running, 'k?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Good luck! Sounds like you're a pretty handy fella.

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG
    20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Sadly, I gave up on trying to measure inline chlorine concentration. The cost to do it properly, over $1k, simply is not worth it.... On a funny note, the company who closes my pool wrote a note on the invoice stating "not good, the electrical controls look too complicated". Mission accomplished?

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I think so!!

Just a note on your post #1 We usually recommend that folks get as large a SWG as they can afford. At least double the gallons of their pool if possible. This allows the unit to be run at a lower % and should have the cell last as long as possible.

Also, I hope you didn't buy into their Mineral stuff. You really don't want to put that in your water. Just plain old pool salt is all that's needed. Anything else is just adding stuff that can cause issues, down the road.

Remember to check and clean the cell and you should be well served for a while.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

I used Mortons pool salt. I really did not have that much time to play with it as I closed the pool last week. However, I just converted my hot tub today, which generally is a nightmare, so that should be interesting.