Replace intex pump with aftermarket

Aug 10, 2011
Hello,

I did a search but didn't find exactly what I was looking for...

Recently my intex pump crapped out on me. I have the model ECO15110 (12'x'24' rectangular pool). I was thinking of going to a new 3/4 hp motor:

Blue Line Above Ground Pumps - Pool Supplies Superstore

I still plan to use the intex sand filter, as well as the hoses. Would there be any issues with this? Also, which adapters would I need to connect the intex hoses to the pump?

Thanks so much for your help!

Chris

Hello,

I did a search but didn't find exactly what I was looking for...

Recently my intex pump crapped out on me. I have the model ECO15110 (12'x'24' rectangular pool). I was thinking of going to a new 3/4 hp motor:

Blue Line Above Ground Pumps - Pool Supplies Superstore

I still plan to use the intex sand filter, as well as the hoses. Would there be any issues with this? Also, which adapters would I need to connect the intex hoses to the pump?

Thanks so much for your help!

Chris
Which Intex sand filter do you have? That new pump has a much stronger flow (62GPM / 3720GPH) than any of Intex's models (Intex's largest pump is 3000GPH with the 16" filter). If you have their largest sandfilter I would think you would be OK

If you have too much pump for the filter I believe you can cause issues like channeling, as well as over-pressure damage.

I have the Intex 14" sandfilter with their 3/4HP 2600GPH pump and the system flow is listed at 36GPM / 2150GPH. I would be hesitant use my sandfilter with that pump.

Dom

- - - Updated - - -

The GAME 40MM adapters as mentioned will work if the system has 1-1/2NPT fittings.

http://www.amazon.com/GAME-4560-Conversion-Intex-Bestway/dp/B004TYBCEG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.