Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace intex pump with aftermarket

1. Back To Top    #1

Replace intex pump with aftermarket

Hello,

I did a search but didn't find exactly what I was looking for...

Recently my intex pump crapped out on me. I have the model ECO15110 (12'x'24' rectangular pool). I was thinking of going to a new 3/4 hp motor:

Blue Line Above Ground Pumps - Pool Supplies Superstore

I still plan to use the intex sand filter, as well as the hoses. Would there be any issues with this? Also, which adapters would I need to connect the intex hoses to the pump?

Thanks so much for your help!

Chris

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replace intex pump with aftermarket

Do you plan to hard plumbed with PVC?

8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

No, I am okay sticking with the intex hoses.

4. Back To Top    #4

I am not 100 % sure but I think this is what you need

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o06_s01
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Piolin View Post
    I am not 100 % sure but I think this is what you need

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o06_s01
    I took a look at a few pictures online and I think it is a male connector on it. I'll have to find a coupler or something to connect them, I suppose.

Chris

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes

The corner stone of TFP

7. Back To Top    #7

I just purchased a 1 hp generic pump and the adapters above are what you need. The adapters need a lot of teflon tape to not leak but they should work with that pump. They have male and female threading on the pumps.
    Intex 15'x42" Metal Frame pool 4200 GAL with Intex SWG. TF-100 test kit. Our Pool Install Thread

In Work! Master Spas Legend Series LSI 557 3-4 person Hot Tub, 230 GAL using bromine to sanitize it. Hot Tub Install Thread

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by ctxcrossx View Post
    Hello,

I did a search but didn't find exactly what I was looking for...

Recently my intex pump crapped out on me. I have the model ECO15110 (12'x'24' rectangular pool). I was thinking of going to a new 3/4 hp motor:

Blue Line Above Ground Pumps - Pool Supplies Superstore

I still plan to use the intex sand filter, as well as the hoses. Would there be any issues with this? Also, which adapters would I need to connect the intex hoses to the pump?

Thanks so much for your help!

Chris
    Which Intex sand filter do you have? That new pump has a much stronger flow (62GPM / 3720GPH) than any of Intex's models (Intex's largest pump is 3000GPH with the 16" filter). If you have their largest sandfilter I would think you would be OK

If you have too much pump for the filter I believe you can cause issues like channeling, as well as over-pressure damage.

I have the Intex 14" sandfilter with their 3/4HP 2600GPH pump and the system flow is listed at 36GPM / 2150GPH. I would be hesitant use my sandfilter with that pump.

Dom

- - - Updated - - -

The GAME 40MM adapters as mentioned will work if the system has 1-1/2NPT fittings.

http://www.amazon.com/GAME-4560-Conv.../dp/B004TYBCEG
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!