Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaLumin II Nicheless Light Replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaLumin II Nicheless Light Replacement

Question for someone...

My bulb seems to only last for a week or two at a time... I have been using the halogen bulbs that you can find at a hardware store... they are like 15 bucks for a pack of two, verses 6-80 bucks for one that Pentair sells. Can you folks tell me if the bulb at the hardware store should work fine? Or is my bulb blowing because I have the wrong one. I am trying to figure out if my light is defective...

thanks
    Pool 16 x 33.5 Foxx Pool with rounded corners 3.5 at each end and 5+ in the middle (16000 GAL)

Equipment - 300 LB Hayward filter with a Pentair SuperFlo pump (3/4 HP). Also Hayward H series Heater and a dedicated jet for a Polaris 280 with a booster pump (3/4HP). Hayward Chlorinator CL200.

Pool has Main Drain, 2 return Jets with 1 inch eyeballs, a skimmer with floating weir, and the dedicated Polaris jet. Also has a valve for the Waterslide.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaLumin II Nicheless Light Replacement

I have decided to just replace the light... I don't feel like fooling with it anymore. I need to pull the light out of the pool... Anyone know if I need to pull the hub out or can I just pull the wire (with string) with the hub in? Also do I need to lower the water or just pull the light out and then pull the new light back in?

I need to pull the light to see how long the cord is... I think its 50 feet... but what if its 60 feet??? I need to be sure because I cant add wire after the fact.

any help would be awesome... I know it will come out, they pulled it this spring to replace the liner... I have 10 pound nylon string and lube for pulling wire... any more ideas?
    Pool 16 x 33.5 Foxx Pool with rounded corners 3.5 at each end and 5+ in the middle (16000 GAL)

Equipment - 300 LB Hayward filter with a Pentair SuperFlo pump (3/4 HP). Also Hayward H series Heater and a dedicated jet for a Polaris 280 with a booster pump (3/4HP). Hayward Chlorinator CL200.

Pool has Main Drain, 2 return Jets with 1 inch eyeballs, a skimmer with floating weir, and the dedicated Polaris jet. Also has a valve for the Waterslide.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: AquaLumin II Nicheless Light Replacement

I just decided to pull it out, came out easy... ordered a new light. will be a done deal soon...