Solar Cover

Jun 30, 2015
Tucson, AZ
I recently put my solar cover on my pool. I am hoping to extend this year's swimming season a bit. My question is, Can I leave the solar cover on the pool until my family and I swim? Or should it come off for a bit every day? I've had it on for about three full days now. With the cover on I'm still losing about 1 ppm of FC per day. This morning is the first time I've noticed CC's since placing the cover on, 0.2ppm. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!
Ruben

Pools will start to build up some CC's if the cover is left on. I usually uncover my pool for one day during the week and the CC's never get above .5. Just monitor your pool and see how it reacts. There's no problem if the CC's are .5 or less.

I agree with Ping.

I leave my solar cover (BLUE) on all the time. We like the pool to be 88-90. I would agree that Algae grows easier with the cover on, however I would not let that discourage you from leaving the cover on and extending your season.

I keep my CL near or over 5ppm if I know I'm not going to use it for a while. I do open it for a few hours every Saturday to vacuum. I have had a few occasions where I had some algae. I vacuum to waste and use some clarifyer and it's like it never happened.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.