Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I give up. White Flag.

1. Back To Top    #1

Thumbs up I give up. White Flag.

OMG!! This year I swear I cannot catch a break... between green, murky water and hoses not staying connected, to hoses cracking in the middle of the night and draining the pool down to the skimmer, to needing a new liner and having to trim decking boards... I want to give up and throw in the towel. I hate, hate, hate, hate this pool!!! I am seriously considering ripping the whole thing up and burning the deck around it!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO Frustrating!!!!!!
    24 ft R, Niagara by Asahi Pools, ABG, 13500 gallon, hayward 1hp single speed pump, swim pro sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: I give up. White Flag.

Welcome to the place you've been waiting all season for.

We will have you loving your pool very soon.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Your season is almost over. Time for a well-severed break. Start-up fresh next year and we'll be here to try and help. In the meantime, if you need some winter preparation guidance, just let us know.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you... Sorry. Just frustrating. Any suggestions for a pool level alarm (that doesn't have to be connected to a hose!?) I am google searching as I type.
    24 ft R, Niagara by Asahi Pools, ABG, 13500 gallon, hayward 1hp single speed pump, swim pro sand filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi Tina,
    I dont know if there is a water level alarm available, but have you considered hard plumbing all of the pipes?
    I can tell ya, hoses will always eventually fail. It's not hard to do and is relatively inexpensive at probably less than 50 dollars in materials. In the long run, will solve the problems of hoses springing leaks.

just a thought....
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

Great suggestion, I'll have to research a bit, since I am in MN and everything freezes, I suppose if I drain and leave open it wouldn't be a problem. Thanks, I'll look into it.

7. Back To Top    #7

I would hard plumb the lines with rigid PVC next spring. It will save many headaches over the life of the pool. Materials are cheap and with some practice, most anyone can do a good job. All that's needed for winterizing hard plumbed piping is to blow out all the water from the lines and add some RV antifreeze to the lines as insurance from expansion cracking. Then blow out antifreeze before starting up in spring.

If you're close enough, I might even consider giving you a hand...
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

8. Back To Top    #8

I see you have an ABG, if you do you plumbing correctly, you don't even need to blow out lines or fill them with anti freeze. As along as they don't have any dips in them where water can collect, they are self draining.

I have unions on mine right next to my pump/filter. I plug the skimmer and return, remove the pump and filter and put it in the shed, cover the pool, and I am winterized. It freezes in NJ too

-dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo