Quick question whether this set of double entry pool steps would work on Intex pool?

K9 Protected

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Newport News, VA
Would this set of double entry pool step system work on an Intex rectangular pool? (A 16' x 32' if it matters, but I'm thinking it doesn't). Wanted to know because of the angle that the water and liner have unlike the round pools that are more vertical. Thanks!

(STILL can't find anyone to level my ground but I'm tempted to just get it up anyway before the weather gets cool. The ground is pretty flat that I know of... )

It's the newest Confer Double Step Entry system.

Amazon.com: Confer Double Staircase Above Ground Pool Entry System with Gate: Toys Games

PES Double Side view 2012.JPGPES Double Gate View 2012.JPG

Yes. I was actually wondering more about how closely the two sets of stairs fits together and whether the outward slant of the rectangular Intex pool would make that difficult in any way? I have seen the stairs pictured on traditional AGP's. And the round Intex pools have pretty straight sides, but the rectangular ones seem to slant outward. I'm guessing it would, but wonder if anyone knew for sure or had used some.

Since I'm having trouble finding someone to help me with alternative egress options, I figure a set of these would at least help my dogs get in and out of the pool safely. :D
They are just very expensive, so I wanted to be sure first.

Not sure about the ones you have posted but we just bought the neptune a frame ladder/stairs and we love them. They are more of a stairs than steps but they have narrow steps. We got them to help get our dogs in the pool. They don't go up them by their self and need a little help up because they are steeper than the normal steps but that keeps them out of the pool when we are not there.

Not sure about the ones you have posted but we just bought the neptune a frame ladder/stairs and we love them. They are more of a stairs than steps but they have narrow steps. We got them to help get our dogs in the pool. They don't go up them by their self and need a little help up because they are steeper than the normal steps but that keeps them out of the pool when we are not there.

Good to know. :) Sounds like you have a round Intex pool too, right? I do know they will fit those. Hopefully, I'll find out about the rectangular ones too.

Your pups sound like they have great dog-parents! :D

it sure looks like it would fit, the top pole moves and this has a notch in it... the curve at the bottom should also fit the curve on the pool bottom..

That is a lot of money to not know for sure though..

You really do need to make sure your ground is level before you put up your pool. What looks to be a "little" off, can be 3" or more. Do a search about unlovely intexes, and read up. It's better to do it right the first time!

Good to know. :) Sounds like you have a round Intex pool too, right? I do know they will fit those. Hopefully, I'll find out about the rectangular ones too.

Your pups sound like they have great dog-parents! :D

Yes we have the 15' round metal frame and there is plenty of room between the steps and the side. I would imagine that they would work on the rectangle pool like you have and they are not as expensive of an option. I about fainted when we started looking at the double step prices! Just thought I would throw out another cheaper option out there for you. If they would work for you great if not the option is out there for you. And yes our pups are our kids so they go everywhere with us and have a great life.

You really do need to make sure your ground is level before you put up your pool. What looks to be a "little" off, can be 3" or more. Do a search about unlovely intexes, and read up. It's better to do it right the first time!

100% agree on this! When we first got our pool we just threw it up and we thought that it wouldn't be that bad, we were sooo wrong! We had a deep end and a shallow end. It survived the month and a half till we took it down and then the next year I did it right. Look at my pool build in my signature. Lots of work but so worth it in the end of knowing that it won't collapse.

Yes we have the 15' round metal frame and there is plenty of room between the steps and the side. I would imagine that they would work on the rectangle pool like you have and they are not as expensive of an option. I about fainted when we started looking at the double step prices! Just thought I would throw out another cheaper option out there for you. If they would work for you great if not the option is out there for you. And yes our pups are our kids so they go everywhere with us and have a great life.

I do appreciate the less expensive suggestion too. :) In doing my homework about the steps, I was looking for ones that were the least steep and offered the easiest climb since the dogs that need to use it already have joint/spine/hip issues. So, unfortunately, I have to be even more picky in my options for them...sigh. At the rate I'm going here, I might end up with an 18' x 42 inch Easy Set for the rest of this season so I won't even need steps!

100% agree on this! When we first got our pool we just threw it up and we thought that it wouldn't be that bad, we were sooo wrong! We had a deep end and a shallow end. It survived the month and a half till we took it down and then the next year I did it right. Look at my pool build in my signature. Lots of work but so worth it in the end of knowing that it won't collapse.

I'm sure you're right... I'm so frustrated because I can't even get any pool installers to do it... Or even landscape companies to return my email inquiries about it. Another landscaper told me they were busy but to email what I wanted, but he's not returned my call. Another handyman that I actually know said he wanted to talk to me about the job, and was going to get with me last weekend, then it was sometime this week, and now the week is over tomorrow and no call... :( Meanwhile, the suppliers are running out of stock on the pools and the season is ticking away...

I am seeing an Easy Set in my near future again for now...to buy me time to get in touch with the right people and planning for the Spring, perhaps. :study:

I'm sure you're right... I'm so frustrated because I can't even get any pool installers to do it... Or even landscape companies to return my email inquiries about it. Another landscaper told me they were busy but to email what I wanted, but he's not returned my call. Another handyman that I actually know said he wanted to talk to me about the job, and was going to get with me last weekend, then it was sometime this week, and now the week is over tomorrow and no call... :( Meanwhile, the suppliers are running out of stock on the pools and the season is ticking away...

I am seeing an Easy Set in my near future again for now...to buy me time to get in touch with the right people and planning for the Spring, perhaps. :study:

Have you attempted to call any excavation companies or bobcat for hire? I don't know if you like or have used craigslist but at least here I have had good luck with using it for landscape and small jobs here and there. Good luck and hope you can get someone to do the job for you soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you attempted to call any excavation companies or bobcat for hire? I don't know if you like or have used craigslist but at least here I have had good luck with using it for landscape and small jobs here and there. Good luck and hope you can get someone to do the job for you soon.

I haven't used Craigslist here for that. I was hoping to pursue a few people I knew or were recommended, and I emailed a few local ones that were well-rated. After having my furnace literally gutted during a routine estimate last year with a company I had used to install my standby generator years before, I am wary of people I don't know at all or others may not know. I had to go to court over the stupid HVAC "estimate" (and won, but what an expensive hassle that was).

A woman on Amazon admitted they had to cut some of the plastic where it meets the outside of the rectangular Intex pools to make it not chafe the liner. Not sure I want to do that either.

I will pursue this cheap little Easy Set and maybe figure out what the best sand filter pump and SWG I can get that I could use on a bigger pool next Spring. My handman guy comes highly recommended but evidently is too busy to come out right now, so waiting seems like the thing to do. I think I'm going to compare the professional installation of a Medallion Freedom Pool fully installed below grade with the inground style steps (quoted about $8500 for a 24' round) and installing the Intex 16' x 32' rectangular pool partially or fully below grade with the necessary retaining wall and decking over the metal frame supports for next spring. That'll take some time to get those figures together. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.