Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Repair caulking before winter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Repair caulking before winter?

Hi - first of three questions:
    Noticed the caulking between the top of the tile line and the bottom of the concrete deck has separated almost all the way around the pool.
    (no discrete coping, just concrete deck)

Is this something I should definitely fix before winter or does it not matter so much if left to the spring?
    (not something I would do myself, and it might be hard getting a service job done at this time of year.)

Attachment 42426Attachment 42427
    30k gallon inground gunite, Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Sta-Rite System 3 Catridge Filter, 2 main drains, 2 skimmers, 4 wall returns, 2 floor returns, 2 Jandy valves, 2 underwater lights (hey, I didn't design this thing...), LoopLoc safety cover for the winter, average chlorine usage over 3 years: 1.2ppm/day, using 12.5% sodium hypochlorite ($3/gal) and following TFP PoolMath directions. Works great!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Repair caulking before winter?

i would like to know this as well

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Re: Repair caulking before winter?

I would say yes. If water gets in there and freezes, it can cause damage to the concrete or perhaps break and pop off tiles.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!