Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build Largo, Florida

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build Largo, Florida

Just got our permit!!! Looks like my oictures are gonna be small any advise on posting big pics? Check out my equipment, look alright?
    yard.jpg

pool2.jpg
    pool.jpg
    17K gal IG Shockrete freeform/ 30x20/446sq.ft./87' per./ 3.5-6' w/ sunshelf bubbler, Pebble Sheen Blue Surf/ 2" skimmer line, (2) 2" main drain lines, (3) 2" returns/ 12" raised planter (silver split face travertine) w/ 3' sheer descent and 2 sconces (brass, Brave Lion)/ Hayward StarClear Plus C17502 Cartridge filter/ Hayward AquaRite T15 Salt system/ Hayward Super 2, 2sp. 2 hp pump/ Hayward Colorlogic LED (1) pool in the deep end+ (1) spa in the shallow/ Coping-Silver tumbled travertine/ Tile Noble NPOS654/ Decking-1500sq.' Flagstone Cream/Beige/Charcoal Herritage pattern.
    17K gal IG Shockrete ff 30x20 446sq. 87' 3.5-6' sunshelf bub. 12" raised planter slv sf travertine 3' sheer descent 2 sconces brass Hayward StarClear Plus C17502 Cartridge filter Hayward AquaRite T15 Salt system Hayward Super 2, 2sp. 2 hp pump Hayward Colorlogic LED 1 pool in the deep 1 spa in shallow Coping Silver tumbled travertine Tile Noble Siren Decking 1500'Flagstone Cr/bg/ch Herritage

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build Largo, Florida

1. Setup a PhotoBucket account and link to photos hosted there
    2. Grab a membership. You get more posting storage.

(not necessarily in that order...)

Nice design. You have a lot of landscape options to play with as well!

Good luck!
    -plat
    Modern Geometric-ish Social Pool (4'-5'-4') ~13' x 47'. Sun shelf. Perimeter overflow spa. RiverFlow Swimjet. Dog ramp. "Bubble Lounge"
    Link to my patio build, completed 2013
    Link to my pool build, Aug '15 - Sep '16

3. Back To Top    #3

I would suggest not having the light positioned @ the deep end pointing back towards the screened patio.
    The glare will be unpleasant.
    Placing it on the 'hump' between the seat and sun shelf, or doing 2 lights; one under sunshelf and one on deep side of hump would give a more pleasing glow for folk in your entertaining areas.

Is the bubbler lit?
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

I have looked and read and still not seeing how to "grab a membership" is it the same as become a supporter?

- - - Updated - - -

I have actually moved the swimout to the back right side of pool I'll try to attach the updated drawing, also no more waterfall. Opted for the sheer descent and sconces instead.
    17K gal IG Shockrete ff 30x20 446sq. 87' 3.5-6' sunshelf bub. 12" raised planter slv sf travertine 3' sheer descent 2 sconces brass Hayward StarClear Plus C17502 Cartridge filter Hayward AquaRite T15 Salt system Hayward Super 2, 2sp. 2 hp pump Hayward Colorlogic LED 1 pool in the deep 1 spa in shallow Coping Silver tumbled travertine Tile Noble Siren Decking 1500'Flagstone Cr/bg/ch Herritage

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Right, it's a little confusing. Just registering with a username and password makes you a member which is free. Clicking on the "Become a TFP Supporter" button at the top left of the page gives you additional photo allowance and some other perks. I believe it's $30 for a Lifetime Supporter (one time fee/donation) and scroll down if you want to do more. Both levels give you a discount off the TF Test Kits (larger discount on the higher level). Being a supporter is optional. Isn't TFP great?!!!

Take care,
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

8. Back To Top    #8

...we already had to tweek the pool a little because of power lines running to the house.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

I love your plans! But I'm going to cry seeing that gorgeous backyard torn up. It's so pretty and obviously well-loved! I know, when the pool is in and all is completed it will be worth it. And no doubt the new landscaping will be given the same tender loving care. Stilllll.......

It was much easier for me. My yard was in such terrible condition that I hardly minded at all that it was dug up. I didn't so much enjoy that part, but I didn't lose a beautiful yard like yours!!!

Congrats on the new baby!!! (yes, it's much like having a baby - hopefully not 9 months!!)

Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

10. Back To Top    #10

Not so pretty now

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Oh.... that IS sad. But - It will be worth it. It will be worth it. It will be......

I hope you guys don't have to say that for too long!

Suz.

p.s. What happened to your nice big photos? I'm not used to these little ones, and my old lady eyes can barely see these on my great big computer screen!

12. Back To Top    #12

I don't know I uploaded from photbucket and they were small. The first ones I just uploaded from my computer, but then it kept saying the file was to big?

13. Back To Top    #13

This is going to be a fun one to watch!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by buccaneersdj View Post
    I don't know I uploaded from photbucket and they were small. The first ones I just uploaded from my computer, but then it kept saying the file was to big?
    Oh well, don't worry about it. Maybe someone will come along with the answer. Or, I'll just have to pull out my super-duper strength readers!

Suz.

15. Back To Top    #15

Suz if you click on the pics they go to his photobucket account and are full size!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Suz if you click on the pics they go to his photobucket account and are full size!

Kim
    Yep, I figured that out. And yep.... I'm lazy! (well, it's easy on the computer, but sometimes loading things on my cell take forever - and yep I'm technologically spoiled for instant action).

Thanks,
    Suz.

17. Back To Top    #17

Congratulations!! Will be closely following your post since we are in St Pete. We are currently in the investigative phase and Larsens has been a recommended PB from multiple sources. Can't wait to see the progress.

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by Jmtparker View Post
    Congratulations!! Will be closely following your post since we are in St Pete. We are currently in the investigative phase and Larsens has been a recommended PB from multiple sources. Can't wait to see the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank You, We definitely didn't pick Larsen's because they were the cheapest! So hopefully all the high recommendations will pay off for us!

19. Back To Top    #19

tile.JPG
    Silver split faced travertine for around the planter, and Pebble Sheen Blue Surf, and Noble tile Odyssey Siren for waterline. I'm hoping this tile isn't to green for the Blue Surf...originally we wanted Deep Sea or Turtle Bay but were to concerned about the heat.

20. Back To Top    #20

What is the next step? You have done some hard work in just picking out your colors!

Kim

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast