Mustard Algae?

pixiedustbelly

Silver Supporter
May 28, 2015
Troy, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
So I think I have mustard algae. I've been following the TFP method and my water is gorgeous and crystal clear. Every time after I SLAM the pool or brush the sides, I still keep getting some yellowish algae growing just in certain spots. I never let my chlorine drop under the minimum (in fact, I tend to keep it a little high thinking it would kick this algae). Today I found the instructions for treating mustard algae but I am wondering... is it still worth treating this late in the year?

Thank you for your input!

To answer your question, if you do have mustard algae, my opinion is you need to get after it now.

Having said that, please take a look at the second post in the Just getting Started section of the forum. That will tell you what we need to help you determine if it really is what you think it is and how to deal with whatever it is. Then I suggest that if you haven't done so already, you might want to read the section on mustard algae in the Pool School. Mustard algae isn't all that common and it can be a chore to remove. We first need to find out if it really is mustard.

Ther are others here with much more experience than I have and I think if you can provide the information we need, you'll get the help you need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.