Strange brown spot on wall

skimmerswimmer

Jul 30, 2013
Long Island, NY
So, I was brushing the walls of my Pebble Fina pool the other day and noticed a small brown spot about the size of a dime on the wall near my vacuum port. Brushing with a stainless steel brush and running a pumice stone over it did nothing, and holding a trichlor puck on it for 15 minutes did nothing. Putting ascorbic acid on it had no effect, so I was baffled. I tried sending some muriatic acid down a flexible length of 3/4" diameter sprinkler hose and that seemed to remove a thin layer of plaster, revealing an embedded piece of stick or leaf stem about 1/2" long. I removed this and cleaned out the small indent and the spot is now gone. I'm guessing this would be considered a defect by the applicator of the plaster? Can/should this be filled in to prevent issues with the plaster going forward? I have other cosmetic issues raised with the company who applied the Pebbletec finish (obvious light/dark variations following trowel marks...most likely due to adding water while troweling), so I wonder if they can fix it. The finish is just over one year old.

I would recommend reviewing your contract for any warranty information. If the PB did indeed allow some material(s) to lay too close to the surface of the plaster, they may be liable to repair it. At the very least, perhaps they can make a quick on-site visit and give you their opinion on the plaster and/or any future concerns you may have about its longevity. This may be the ideal time of year for them to do that if you plan on closing your pool in the near future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.