Our Landscape Project

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
The wife and I are spending this year redoing plenty of landscaping in the front and back yard. We are being quite ambitious. Below is a couple of before shots from a few days ago. Will keep you all updated!

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

Good idea. I'll stay tuned. Shocking how far ahead of you we are. Things are green and trees flowering. Going to be 26 tomorrow night though :(

Yea.. good old MN... 2" of snow fell lastnight.. but temps will hit 55 this weekend. LOL.

Needless to day, we have taken advantage of the nice days.. ground has thawed so I have the hole all dug and the new pond set. I may take a peek under the cover and see how many inches of ice still remains.

Made some good progress today.. You can see we are digging trenches for power to the pond. Tore out the old wood raised flower beds (we are replacing with stone). We also got the ground leveled and started installing our pavers. We are busy pruning and burning as well.. I think the fire pit has been going about 12 hours a day!

Pool will be officially open on 4/20!

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

:goodjob:

Keep posting pics! You have a bigger challenge every year, since a lot of things die back and have to be planted new...but I'll bet you have really great bulb gardens up there! What type of permanent evergreen plants do you have for poolside in MN? Good luck...happy renovating. :goodjob:

The Mermaid Queen said:
Wow, that is some undertaking! Though it probably looks like a larger job because everything is still in winter mode!

I was thinking the same thing. The "after" shots will be quite dramatic with everything being green and blooming! (hopefully, fingers crossed, it won't take you long-we take forever to complete our projects, if we complete them :oops: :shock: )

Good day today...

-Finished running electrical to pond
-Filled trench
-Mostly finished the retaining wall (wife got her morning glorys planted)
-Situated rock around pond
-Installed new lattice (not pictured)

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! It's already shaping up...looks like that Home Makeover show :goodjob: . And just LOOK at that clear and sparkly TF Pool!! :mrgreen: Can't wait to see more pics! We've had a ton of rain, too....needed it, but I'd rather have it in 1 to 2 inch increments instead of 6 to 11!! :roll:

Thanks!

Good day today...

- Finished landscape fabric
- Laid down about 5 cu yards of mulch (three pickup truck loads)
- Finished edgeing
- Wife planted a couple of pots and relocated a few other plants
- Misc weeding and grass repair

PS... I am also continually lowering that TA via MA and aeration. :)

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.