Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need new antenna for Jandy PDA, or should I just go Autelis?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Need new antenna for Jandy PDA, or should I just go Autelis?

Hey all,

The antenna on my Jandy Aqualink RS PDA receiver (JBOX) is split and the internal wire is broken. I would like to just replace the antenna, but can't source it. I could replace the whole PDA JBOX, but the best price I have seen for it is from just under $200 to over $400, that seems excessive for replacing a $20 antenna. Anybody know of a source for a replacement antenna?

If I end up having to replace the whole JBOX, it would make more sense to me to go with the Autelis PDA unit and gain phone/web connectivity. Anyone have experience with it?

Picture of intact unit so that you know what I'm talking about, again I just want to replace the antenna part, not the whole box:

31qmmbh6tfL.jpg
    - Matrioux

2007 18K pebble IG pool - Wincor Pool Systems automation & SWG (under development) - DE Jandy DEL60 Filter - Jandy 1HP Pump - TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need new antenna for Jandy PDA, or should I just go Autelis?

Here is what mine looks like now:

20150901_105957.jpg
    - Matrioux

2007 18K pebble IG pool - Wincor Pool Systems automation & SWG (under development) - DE Jandy DEL60 Filter - Jandy 1HP Pump - TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

That doesn't look much different from a WiFi antenna. If you Google "replacement wifi router antenna" and look at the images tab, you'll see lots of pictures of very similar antenna.

Bet you could stop by your local Goodwill second hand store and pick up a used, previous generation router for $5-$10, then unscrew the antenna and use it as you're replacement. You could even bring your old antenna to the store and fit check it first. Otherwise just shop around for replacement router antennas online. I think they're fairly standardized.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

4. Back To Top    #4

I actually have a few old routers, but am unsure of the PDA frequency and which antenna's are tuned to what frequencies. I know the Jandy antenna has a lead coming from it that is hard soldered to the board. I can certainly replicate using a router antenna, a RP-SMA fitting and some wire, but would prefer a direct replacement if I can find one.
    - Matrioux

5. Back To Top    #5

Has anyone ever found a solution to the antenna issue with Jandy? Mine looks identical to the picture posted above. I have an old router with 2 good antennas.
    Thank you in advance for your suggestions.