Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing thermistor no longer working

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing thermistor no longer working

Hi . . . This forum has been very helpful over the last few years with allowing me to replace the thermistor rather than the whole Aqua Rite board. Now; however, I have the same issue . . . No power light, no chlorine generating, and a generating light that comes on briefly and goes off. I replaced the thermistor maybe two years ago and it has been working great. A month ago, the symptoms came back, and I replaced the thermistor again. This fixed the issue for a few weeks, but the symptoms returned. I again replaced the thermistor and it won't fix the issue anymore. I also replaced the fuse and fuse holder for good measure. No luck. Is there anything else I could try, or am I looking at a new board?

i am not sure exactly how old the current board is or what model it is.

Thanks so much for any assistance.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Replacing thermistor no longer working

It could be the transformer. But, other that diagnosing and replacing one input resistor, and a flow switch, I've never had any experiance with it. I can't believe how many times you've had this problem. Maybe something else is causing the resistor to fail. Which part number did you use? Was it this one?

http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...s=SL32%202R025
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Can you post the diagnostics?

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Can you post the diagnostics?
    Hi . . . yes:

63P
    AL-0

I am not sure if this would have messed something up, but the thermistor before the one I have on now was difficult to get on. It was a little long and touched the front panel, making it loose. It worked for a couple weeks maybe. I then re-soldered it on, but I think I may have put it on backwards. (I know . . . ugh). It still worked for a little while, then when it stopped working I replaced it with the one I have now which doesn't work at all. This one appears to be installed correctly.

Also, the fuses I have been using for a couple years now are fast and not the slo-blow (couldn't find those). Not sure if that matters.

Thanks so much for everyone's help.

6. Back To Top    #6

The zero volts is the key number. It could be the thermistor, transformer, wires or rectifiers. Google aquarite diagnostics manual.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks. Do you think this is looking like a good time to call in an expert to take a look, or is it a do it yourself job?

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

It sounds like it may just be a botched repair job. If you have to replace the main PC board it about $100 for a new one.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Where is the best place to get a new board? Are they all standard?