Replacing thermistor no longer working

Amybee

Aug 31, 2015
Tallahassee,FL
Hi . . . This forum has been very helpful over the last few years with allowing me to replace the thermistor rather than the whole Aqua Rite board. Now; however, I have the same issue . . . No power light, no chlorine generating, and a generating light that comes on briefly and goes off. I replaced the thermistor maybe two years ago and it has been working great. A month ago, the symptoms came back, and I replaced the thermistor again. This fixed the issue for a few weeks, but the symptoms returned. I again replaced the thermistor and it won't fix the issue anymore. I also replaced the fuse and fuse holder for good measure. No luck. Is there anything else I could try, or am I looking at a new board?

i am not sure exactly how old the current board is or what model it is.

Thanks so much for any assistance.

It could be the transformer. But, other that diagnosing and replacing one input resistor, and a flow switch, I've never had any experiance with it. I can't believe how many times you've had this problem. Maybe something else is causing the resistor to fail. Which part number did you use? Was it this one?

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?keywords=SL32%202R025

Can you post the diagnostics?

Hi . . . yes:

63P
AL-0

I am not sure if this would have messed something up, but the thermistor before the one I have on now was difficult to get on. It was a little long and touched the front panel, making it loose. It worked for a couple weeks maybe. I then re-soldered it on, but I think I may have put it on backwards. (I know . . . ugh). It still worked for a little while, then when it stopped working I replaced it with the one I have now which doesn't work at all. This one appears to be installed correctly.

Also, the fuses I have been using for a couple years now are fast and not the slo-blow (couldn't find those). Not sure if that matters.

Thanks so much for everyone's help.

It sounds like it may just be a botched repair job. If you have to replace the main PC board it about $100 for a new one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.