Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Conditioner for Vinyl?

1. Back To Top    #1

Phoenix, AZ

Conditioner for Vinyl?

We live in sunny Arizona. Our pool (18x52 above ground Intex round) has held up really well, but we are concerned that the sun may damage the vinyl that is exposed at all times. I believe it is UV protected from the factory, but would like to know if we should be adding additional protection as time goes on.

If so, what product would you suggest? There was not a lot of info on conditioning/protecting Vinyl pool material.

I've googled Vinyl Conditioner, and the only thing I found was something called 303 Aerospace UV Protectant.

We have an 18' round, 52" deep Intex Ultra Frame above ground pool. Salt Water. We have a sand filter, and a chlorine generator.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Conditioner for Vinyl?

You found the best product out there for protecting against UV. 303 is used by lots of people in many different applications.

As an RV'er and a boat owner, we use it for all the vinyl and rubber items on both units. It really makes the rubber seals last.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit