Help Please! DE Powder keeps returning through jets

Aug 31, 2015
San Antonio
Hello! :)
First time poster here, I have recently become the caretaker of the family pool and I am quite frustrated right now, I have a inground pool and when the pool filter is running you can see a white cloudiness of DE blowing in from the jets, I called a pool professional and have just replaced the filters, manifold and the changed out my broken push/pull valve for a new multiport valve. And still there is DE blowing in, he trouble shooted and took apart and checked everything in the filter and looked for leaks and cracks and could not find anything else to explain the problem. Any advice? What could possibly be causing this? I long to see my pool clear again! :brickwall::brickwall::rant:

Thank you in adance! :D

Hi, welcome to TFP! We would need a little more information about your pool. How big is the filter and how many horse power is the pump?
Thank you!
The filter is a FNSP 48 Plus 48 sq. ft. The pump is HP 1.5. When I am running it, the pressure also rises to needing to backwash, within a couple hours, the state of the pool water is now greenish and cloudy.

Do you notice the cloudy water returning from the jets while the pool is circulating normally or while vacuuming? Also, if you have algae in the water, it is recommended that the filer be bypassed while killing off the algae by putting the multiport valve into recirculate mode. Live algae has a lot of oils in it which is likely the cause of the filter pressure rising so quickly. A real professional should know this and would have advised that you do this when they installed new grids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.