Signed contract today - anticipate lots of sleepless nights in my future

Reg29

Aug 10, 2015
Newark/DE
Well after spending many hours poring through this forum and pool school and switching from vinyl to gunite (different PBs) I finally signed on the line and paid the deposit. Live in DE so first pool party will be in 2016:scratch:
Building gunite L shape pool 42' x 20' x 30' x 15' and pool depths of 3.5' to 8'. 990 sq ft and ~40,000 gal. First thought we wanted free form because of the more natural look, but in the end went with L because we see it as having 2 pools, the 30 x 15 for playing volleyball, badminton, basketball and just horsing around and then 42 x 20 for diving and swimming laps.
Short list of equipment
3 returns
2 or 3 skimmers (engineering will determine)
Pentair IntelliChor IC60 SWCG
Jandy DE Filter
Jandy 1.5 - 2 hp single speed pump (engineering will determine)
2 Hayward LED multi color lights
Polaris 360 vac-sweep (no booster pump required or do I need one?)
Techo-Bloc Blu 60mm Slate Champlain Gray
Techo-Bloc Portofino Rock Garden Brown cap/coping
Should have pool renderings in a few days.
Will take a couple weeks for permits then dig can start. Gunite should be completed early Nov if everything goes well. PB is giving me option to wait till spring (live in DE) to apply plaster. Expect there is not much time to apply plaster and get pool chemistry stable enough to close the pool for the winter without risk of pH getting too basic. Final pool payment would not be due till after pool is completed.
Not sure if I should upgrade the Polaris 360 or not.

Hello neighbor and congrats on your new pool too!! Spend lots of time in MD, mostly on the bay. I was back and forth between pool and property on the Chesapeake.
The pool looks so small with just flags and survey tape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.