Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tomball TX - Pool build

1. Back To Top    #1

Tomball TX - Pool build

Hello!
    We purchased our house 1 year ago. We started the pool shopping process in May of this year, and received three bids. We felt very good about all three companies, and I am sure they all would have done a great job. The company we picked primarily installs the in floor cleaning system which is why we picked them. Not having a pool vacuum was a big plus to us, as we have 3 small kids who like to mess with things.

Our build started on August 4th and has been a good experience thus far. Every stage of the build has impressed us in the speed and quality of the crews. The end is in sight and we are very excited for it to be completed. The equipment was installed (with the exception of plumbing for the Ozone filter, and installing the Rainbow Chlorinator.) I did not come across this great forum until after the build was in process. Had I found this site sooner I would have skipped the Chlorinator, Ozone filter, and the UV filter. We are currently waiting for the deck to be installed. The deck is scheduled to start this Wednesday (9/2/15) pending the weather. It should be a 4-5 day job as they have to break out our existing brick patio and install Travertine pavers. After the decking the next step is the Pebble Sheen, we selected "Blue Surf." I just wish we started the process before summer, as we may not have much time left to enjoy the pool this season.

Thanks to this site I should receive my TF-100 test kit and SpeedStir in the mail today! With any luck I will have new pictures to add next week!

I wanted to thank the members of this site for all the information. I am reading all I can in hopes of avoiding any major water issues down the line.

Pool Area 510 Sq. ft, 94 Ln ft. 3'6" to 6', 18,120 Gal, Pebble Sheen, Pentair Clean & Clear plus 420 sq ft Cartridge, Pool pump Sta Rite Intellipro VS, Paramount pump sta Rite 1 HP Max E Pro, Water feature Sta- Rite 2 HP max E pro, PCC-2000 Cleaning & Circulation system, Rainbow Chlorinator O/L, Ultra Uv, Paramount Clear O3 Ozone system, Sta Rite Max E Therm 400k Btu heater. 2 Paraglo Multi Color LED, Paramount Paralevel.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tomball TX - Pool build

Great pics. I love that stone wall around the pool. Very nice. That's going to look sweet filled with crystal clear water. Congratulations!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP.
    Great looking design and progress.
    What is your depth range? 3-1/2-6 ish?

I see pipes running up in those columns. Are they for water features of some sort?

Nice equipment setup, nice and neat.
    You had a good electrician.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ozdiver View Post
    Welcome to TFP.
    Great looking design and progress.
    What is your depth range? 3-1/2-6 ish?

I see pipes running up in those columns. Are they for water features of some sort?

Nice equipment setup, nice and neat.
    You had a good electrician.

Thanks everyone!

It is 3.5 to 6 '
    The center section of the back wall is a weeping wall. They also ran PVC pipes up the center of all 4 columns in case we want to install drains for planters later down the road. I agree about the electrician, and all of the sub contractors they have used so far. They all seem to be top notch, and care about their quality of work.
    Pool Area 510 Sq. ft, 94 Ln ft. 3'6" to 6', 18,120 Gal, Pebble Sheen, Pentair Clean & Clear plus 420 sq ft Cartridge, Pool pump Sta Rite Intellipro VS, Paramount pump sta Rite 1 HP Max E Pro, Water feature Sta- Rite 2 HP max E pro, PCC-2000 Cleaning & Circulation system, Rainbow Chlorinator O/L, Ultra Uv, Paramount Clear O3 Ozone system, Sta Rite Max E Therm 400k Btu heater. 2 Paraglo Multi Color LED, Paramount Paralevel.

5. Back To Top    #5

REALLY nice!

6. Back To Top    #6

Beautiful! I love the columns in a different finish than the wall!
    30x15 IG Gunite pool, WetEdge Aqua Blue, Jandy Equipment, Cartridge filter, 2HP VS Pump, Polaris 9350 robot cleaner, 7x7 spa, 18" raised wall with 2 rain descents and 4x9 baja shelf.
    @ Tile and Coping Stage. Up next- Plumbing

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Your BS color choice is a recent favorite here. It looks fabulous in the few seen here so far.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Yeah, Blue Surf. Not the other BS.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Your BS color choice is a recent favorite here. It looks fabulous in the few seen here so far.
    Yes, the pictures on this site convinced us to change to Blue Surf.

Here is our old decking that will be torn out tomorrow. Hopefully my next update will include a nice new deck!

10. Back To Top    #10

Looks great so far, excited to see your Blue Surf. We are also getting BS, but we haven't even had our dig yet. I have seen one on here and it look awesome!
    17K gal IG Shockrete ff 30x20 446sq. 87' 3.5-6' sunshelf bub. 12" raised planter slv sf travertine 3' sheer descent 2 sconces brass Hayward StarClear Plus C17502 Cartridge filter Hayward AquaRite T15 Salt system Hayward Super 2, 2sp. 2 hp pump Hayward Colorlogic LED 1 pool in the deep 1 spa in shallow Coping Silver tumbled travertine Tile Noble Siren Decking 1500'Flagstone Cr/bg/ch Herritage

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Howdy Neighbor! You have a fabulous pool design! And those columns are striking. I love your waterline tile- it looks like a rich mix of different cocoas.

Beautiful!
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

12. Back To Top    #12

Nice. Good progress.

One thing i would have considered is to have them run your pool with an in floor and a pool vac. It can be done and you can use the pool vac when its too dirty. In floor is great, but not as effective when a storm hits etc.... I opted to both on my build.

Then again, i am doing an owner build so i can't even imagine how much more the PB would charge for that setup. I got mine plumbed with both at no additional cost really. Just have to talk to the plumbers and work out the deal. LOL

Can't wait to see your progress.
    NEW POOL BUILD IN THE WORKS. :)

PLAY POOL - SPA- SUNKEN BAR

13. Back To Top    #13

@azwaldo- I did think about adding a line to run a vacuum if needed, but decided if I need an external cleaner later I will just run an electric robot. Our landscaping should be pool friendly and have much in regards to debris.

We returned home yesterday from a 5 day vacation to a completed deck!! They are cleaning up the rest of this week and installing the pebble sheen on Tuesday 9/15 /15 (pending no major weather delays.) Then it will be an acid wash and water fill on Wednesday.

14. Back To Top    #14

coming along! Looks great?

Where in Tomball are you?

We are in Canyon Gate.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by ErikU19 View Post
    coming along! Looks great?

Where in Tomball are you?

We are in Canyon Gate.

Thanks, We are close by in Village Creek

16. Back To Top    #16

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

17. Back To Top    #17

It seems like we should have a NW Harris County pool build sub-forum.
    19,500gal, Gunite, Pebbletec, Chlorine, PCC2000 cleaner, Stenner Chlorine Pump, MegaCatch Mosquito Trap

18. Back To Top    #18

Well, I got to enjoy the pool last night, but it felt like it was missing something.....

The yard is cleaned up and ready for landscaping , and the pool is ready for the Pebble Sheen. We had rain last week so our install date is now set for tomorrow (pending no rain today...)

19. Back To Top    #19

Rain here in Florida slowing us down too. Just had steel inspection yeserday. I love the stone wall! It's going to be a beauitful pool!

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by bmusick View Post
    Well, I got to enjoy the pool last night, but it felt like it was missing something.....
    bwaha, indeed!! When do you get plastered?
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast