Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 1400

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aquapure 1400

I took off the salt cell for the first time today to clean it. I cleaned it according to manufacturer specs. When I went back to install it, I can slide it down between the two pipe ends with moderate force, but the space is so tight, it's pushing the rubber o-rings out of the pipe ends where the collars are? I've wrestled with this for two hours, and I'm tired and stumped. Is there a trick to putting the cell back in? Is it possible it was installed incorrectly? It seems like about 1/8" more space and it wouldn't be an issue.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Aquapure 1400

Sounds like the installer was a little stingy with the spacing. Best I can suggest is to lube up the o-rings and keep wrestling with it.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the end, it was just that jbizzle. I cut the pipe to the left, added in a collar, and now it fits perfectly.
    Beanerz

28k gallon IG pool with attached spa with spillover, Blue Plaster, Jandy AquaPure PLC1450 SWG, Jandy Cartridge Filter CL580, Jandy EPump Jep 2.0 2 HP, , Jandy Valves, Jandy JXI Pool and Spa Heater, In floor cleaning, built Spring 2015, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Glad to hear you had room to fix it correctly.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!