Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best pool cleaning robot?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best pool cleaning robot?

Hi yall, We are just beginning the IG pool build process and are looking for any insight you have to offer on Robotic pool cleaners. 17k gal. Freeform shockcrete, Pebble sheen pool, salt ...thank you in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Best pool cleaning robot?

Very difficult to pick one brand over another. There is an article in Pool School that may prove helpful.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't have a robot because I have automatic popup cleaners. They work really well except a few times a year when I have to skim or brush manually due to leaf blow in. I do brush 4 or more times per week with pump running. And while I have a variable speed I need to run it at higher speeds for skimmer and popup said to be effective, then run at lower speed to filter water most effectively.

I tried a manual vac hooked thru my skimmer hand found it very difficult to hook up properly and always had airspace in the pump basket. So if you do go the robot vacuum route I would ask about an easy to use hookup rather than thru the skimmer. And maybe a vacuum with its own pickup bag.

Others will know more about vacs but I thought I'd give you another option to consider. My popups have worked very well, only had to replace the gears that drive their sequence after around 7 years, and did it myself and I am only marginally handy.

No robot to haul in and out of pool or worry about coverage. But any method you choose or robot you choose there is no sub for brushing. I have Pebbletec also

A link to in floor cleaning, there are other links if you search.
    I believe I have an A&A system mentioned

My thoughts after using Paramount PCC2000 In-Floor Cleaning system for 6 months
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature

4. Back To Top    #4

You may want an administrator to move this to the PUMPING STATION section. It covers vacuums and filtration, etc.
    The thread seems to have gotten lost in this more general section.
    10000 Gal, IG Pebbletec, pop up cleaners,Hayward EcoStar VS, 425 sq ft Hayward Cartridge, waterfall feature