Anyone use a drain bladder successfully?

Aug 4, 2015
Boston, MA
Hello all. I am having weak suction on the deep end skimmer where the water rotation looks slow. There has been a lot of leaves so I bought from the hardware store this 1.5 drainking drain bladder that proved worthless. I took out the skimmer basket turned off the pump and placed the bladder into the back hole. Within 2 minutes the hose came rocketing out with a cracked bladder. Ugh what a useless thing it seems and wasted ride. Anyone have luck with this?

I may not see the entire picture, but I'm puzzled as to what you were trying to do? Where did you expect the water or clog to go? My understanding of how to use the drain bladder is that you have two open ends of the same pipe. You put the bladder in one end and expect water and any clog to blow out the other end. I would have expected you to say that you had the pump lid off and watched as water either poured out meaning the pipe is clear or didn't pour out meaning the pipe is clogged..

Jim R.

I may not see the entire picture, but I'm puzzled as to what you were trying to do? Where did you expect the water or clog to go? My understanding of how to use the drain bladder is that you have two open ends of the same pipe. You put the bladder in one end and expect water and any clog to blow out the other end. I would have expected you to say that you had the pump lid off and watched as water either poured out meaning the pipe is clear or didn't pour out meaning the pipe is clogged..

Jim R.

That would explain the blow out! Now if you did have the basket open you have a big clog and might need to snake it out.

Good Luck and update us

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.