The Kleen Machine

Ke

Sep 29, 2007
Toronto
Costco Canada now carries a new robotic pool cleaner called the Kleen Machine, it looks just like the Nitro made by Smartpool, Walmart in the U.S. also has it. It is probably the least expensive pool cleaner that does scrubbing, other cheaper models such as the pool rover uses water jets only. Anyone has experience using the Kleen Machine/Nitro?

pool_hokie said:
This machine is $349 right now at Costco until June 6, 2010.

I too wonder how much better this would be than the PRJ . I figure scrubbing should be better than just vacuuming. Great price. I wish I could trade my Junior in for one of these. I don't 'scrub' as much as I should.

OK I don't scrub at all. The pool always looks so clean.

Wait, the pool always looks so clean, so what am I doing looking for a new cleaner!? lol

Well, my 2 1/2 year old Aquabot Viva broke sent it in for service but figured it would take a good 2 full weeks to get back. So I decided to try this from costco for $349. it worked for exactly one cycle. pump motor is running but brush doesn't turn so it's not moving !!! I guess it's going back to Costco......

I bought one, been running it for about a month. In cold water, it wasn't working that well, it wouldn't stay on the bottom of the pool - I'd find it floating on the surface. Now that the water's warmed up, it seems to work pretty well. Well worth the $350 when compared to the cost of some of the other units.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I ordered it from Costco yesterday, figure I have a few weeks to try it out, and if I don't like it I can always return it. Great thing about Costco....great return policies.

I called a few pool stores in my area, and if you buy certain pool cleaners, like Hayward, you cannot return it if you don't like it, only if it's broken.

I've been using the Kleen-Machine for over a year now, and into my 2nd season with it, and I love it!!! best money I ever spent! works it's wonders, and saves me money and countless hours from manually vacuming the pool.
I am trying to now find replacement parts for it, specifically the bag and the bottom plastic piece that holds the bag.
They are still fine but i want to be pro-active and get what seems to be the only replacement parts to be concerned about. Has anyone had any luck finding these parts?

I too purchased this at Costco at the beginning of last season. Love it!!! Had used neighbors expensive machine and have found that this one is so much easier to empty and put back together. On my second season and have not had any issues. Please post if you find replacement parts.

I am 2 months in on my Kleen machine. Costco has sold out of them im told due to overwelming demand. My neighbor has a polaris cleaner that was twice as expensive and he borrowed my KleenMachine and said it did a much better job. By the time he logged on to costco they were sold out. Plus you cant beat costcos satisfaction guarantee on their products. Im very happy with my purchase

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.