The Kleen Machine

Costco has these back in stock on their website, on sale for $100 off making it $299. I just ordered one although the reviews were mixed. Our old Polaris isn't working so well. With Costco's great return policy, it's worth a try. This KM looks exactly like the Nitro Smartkleen with the same specs...

I'd keep checking Costco online, they seem to come and go. Ours was delivered in less than a week from ordering, and so far, so good, only had time to use it once. Surprised to see it climb the walls. We're the new owners of this huge pool built in the 90s and still learning about all the required maintenance. Fighting an algea problem now. Ugh.

Ordered the Kleen Machine from Costco a few months ago when it was on sale for $299. It took longer than expected to get it delivered, so Costco offered me an additional $25 off for having to wait an extra week, which I gladly accepted. I have had it for a couple weeks now and it works great! Couldn't be happier with the performance of it, and getting it for only $275 makes it that much better! :)

Mine arrived two days ago. I ran it for two cycles last night and one this morning as there were a fair number of leaves on the bottom following some rain we had.

after two cycles I still had leaves on the bottom of the pool so I ran it again this morning, then pulled it out and let the Jandy clean up the rest.

Overall it did slightly better than my jandy ray-vac in the shallow end, but did not get all the leaves in the deep end.

I purchased one about 3 months ago. I paid $400 but later Costco advertised the same model for $300, so I called them and they credited $100 to my credit card account. Did I mention I love Costco?

Anyways, the cleaner works very well. It picks up leaves twigs, dirt and such easily. It's my first cleaner so I can't compare it to any other one, but I'm very happy with my Kleen Machine.

I got mine this summer when they were $100 off. I've never had a pool cleaner before, but I'm very happy with it! Being that i manually vacuumed the pool every time, i never really saw what was being collected, so i cant really compare that aspect. This robot picks up a lot of sand, leafs, and other junk that is on the bottom. It seems to get stuck in the deepend of my pool somewhat, although it does get out once about every other try. I do have a steep sloped deep end though. It collects about 95% (The last 5% is what will drive you crazy) of all the Crud and is super easy to use. I'm sure a manual vacuum job does a little better (I'm very particular when i do it), but you're wasting an hour and a half of your time. Just let the Kleen Machine run and forget about it! overall I'd rate it at 4.5 ****.5 stars, just because it seems to have trouble in my deep end, and for it leaving 5% of the leaves.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought the wall scrubber from Costco.ca at the beginning of the season and it worked great until last week. Now it just goes around in circles. I pulled it out of the water and turned it on and only one side of scrubbers turn.

It's going back, to Costco.

I'm not even sure I need a robot the pool stays so nice and clean. : )

update: after two years, it died. Last winter the Power converter died, but that was my fault for leaving it out in the rain. It filled with water and shorted. I found a replacement for about $90 USD.
Then a couple of weeks ago something on the cleaner itself stopped working. I won't be investing more in it. The Jandy is back in but I need to run the pump at too high a speed to get value out of it so I'm in the market again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.