Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Kleen Machine

The Kleen Machine

Costco Canada now carries a new robotic pool cleaner called the Kleen Machine, it looks just like the Nitro made by Smartpool, Walmart in the U.S. also has it. It is probably the least expensive pool cleaner that does scrubbing, other cheaper models such as the pool rover uses water jets only. Anyone has experience using the Kleen Machine/Nitro?
    OH TWINS
    San Juan 8500 gal Fiberglass Pool, Sta-Rite Max-E 1 HP pump, Star-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter 300 sq. ft,
    Sta-Rite Max-E 200,000 BTU gas heater, Aqua Logic SWG with P-4 panel. Goldline wireless remote control,
    3 Jandy Neverlube Valves with Goldline motorized control, iRobot Verro 500 pool cleaner
    5 Poolstar 1000 LED Lights, LED strip light at waterfall, Prozone Ozonator PZ7 with degasser column,
    Jandy Auto Waterfill, Aquamatic motorized pool cover, Poolbuster Max CC handheld vacuum.

Re: The Kleen Machine

did you get an answer to this question. i am wondering about it myself. price seems too good??
    17x41 Vinyl IG (23,000 gal.), 1 HP Hayward Super Pump, 24" Hayward Sand Filter

I ended up buying the iRobot Verro 500, so far I am happy. The design seems to be very similar to the Blue Pearl, though a lot cheaper.
    OH TWINS
    San Juan 8500 gal Fiberglass Pool, Sta-Rite Max-E 1 HP pump, Star-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter 300 sq. ft,
    Sta-Rite Max-E 200,000 BTU gas heater, Aqua Logic SWG with P-4 panel. Goldline wireless remote control,
    3 Jandy Neverlube Valves with Goldline motorized control, iRobot Verro 500 pool cleaner
    5 Poolstar 1000 LED Lights, LED strip light at waterfall, Prozone Ozonator PZ7 with degasser column,
    Jandy Auto Waterfill, Aquamatic motorized pool cover, Poolbuster Max CC handheld vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ke
    I ended up buying the iRobot Verro 500, so far I am happy. The design seems to be very similar to the Blue Pearl, though a lot cheaper.
    I too was looking at the Kleen Machine. I saw the Blue Pearl at Wal-Mart for $699. How much cheaper is the Verro 500?
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

This machine is $349 right now at Costco until June 6, 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by pool_hokie
    This machine is $349 right now at Costco until June 6, 2010.

I too wonder how much better this would be than the PRJ . I figure scrubbing should be better than just vacuuming. Great price. I wish I could trade my Junior in for one of these. I don't 'scrub' as much as I should.

OK I don't scrub at all. The pool always looks so clean.

Wait, the pool always looks so clean, so what am I doing looking for a new cleaner!? lol
    18' x 54" Round AG 7500 gallon w/small prefab 2-piece fandeck
    Waterways 200sf Cartridge Filter, 1.5 hp 2-speed pump. 2" pvc piping
    Pool Pilot Total Control swg w/acid tank feeder
    Pool Rover Jr., BBB, TF 100 test kit

Well, my 2 1/2 year old Aquabot Viva broke sent it in for service but figured it would take a good 2 full weeks to get back. So I decided to try this from costco for $349. it worked for exactly one cycle. pump motor is running but brush doesn't turn so it's not moving !!! I guess it's going back to Costco......
    33,000 Vinyl Liner IG Pool, Hayward Sand Filter,Hayward Superflo Pump,Auto Pilot Dig 220 w/RC-52 cell, Polaris 9300xi cleaner. 4 wheel Pressure PoolCleaner.

hmm, had been considering trying the Kleen Machine but after seeing quite a few "doesn't work" reviews, maybe it's worth the extra $ to get the Aquabot Pool Rover Plus C? http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1
    1950's-era 17K gallon formerly fiberglass, newly replastered IG rectangle (~15x30'),
    Hayward S244S Sand Filter with Franklin Electric 0.75 HP motor and WhisperFlo WFE-3 pump
    Clear ThermaTex bubble cover
    Manual vacuum

Did anyone buy the Kleen Machine, and if so how do you find it works?
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

I bought one, been running it for about a month. In cold water, it wasn't working that well, it wouldn't stay on the bottom of the pool - I'd find it floating on the surface. Now that the water's warmed up, it seems to work pretty well. Well worth the $350 when compared to the cost of some of the other units.

Well I ordered it from Costco yesterday, figure I have a few weeks to try it out, and if I don't like it I can always return it. Great thing about Costco....great return policies.

I called a few pool stores in my area, and if you buy certain pool cleaners, like Hayward, you cannot return it if you don't like it, only if it's broken.
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

Anyone have any idea why it says it is only appliacable for 30' long pool? It says the cord is 40' long...
    20,000 gallon pool with a Triton TR100 filter and 1 HP pump with "Shasta" branded pop ups and actuator. Came half drained and swamp green with our house in Aug 2008. Nursed it back to clear and been learning pools ever since (this is my first pool)!!

Is the Smart pool kleen machine still available anywhere? It's ultra light weight and compact size is ideal for my 5000gallon fun pool.
    In-ground 5000 gallon 'fun' pool. Integral 'wall-hung' combined pump/filter unit. 1hp motor. LED underwater lamp. Ozone generator. Floatron ioniser.
    Marooned on a tropical island paradise AKA 'home'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo
    Is the Smart pool kleen machine still available anywhere? It's ultra light weight and compact size is ideal for my 5000gallon fun pool.
    Don't know if they ship your way, but Costco Canada has them...

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy320
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolo
    Don't know if they ship your way, but Costco Canada has them...
    Thanks for the info.......I'm a bit concerned about most of the reviews. Seem to suggest it's more of a toy than a tool.
    In-ground 5000 gallon 'fun' pool. Integral 'wall-hung' combined pump/filter unit. 1hp motor. LED underwater lamp. Ozone generator. Floatron ioniser.

I've been using the Kleen-Machine for over a year now, and into my 2nd season with it, and I love it!!! best money I ever spent! works it's wonders, and saves me money and countless hours from manually vacuming the pool.
    I am trying to now find replacement parts for it, specifically the bag and the bottom plastic piece that holds the bag.
    They are still fine but i want to be pro-active and get what seems to be the only replacement parts to be concerned about. Has anyone had any luck finding these parts?

I too purchased this at Costco at the beginning of last season. Love it!!! Had used neighbors expensive machine and have found that this one is so much easier to empty and put back together. On my second season and have not had any issues. Please post if you find replacement parts.
    16X32 Rectangular In Ground Built 1998, New Vinyl liner and Motor 8/2012, 19,000, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump,PoolPilot DIG-220 SWG, 2 Skimmers, Main Drain, Clean Machine Robot, Full Sun, Bleach, TFTest Kit
    Central, VA

I found a list of parts suppliers on the manufacturers web site: http://www.pool-trends.com/website/Klee ... enters.pdf
    I havent called any of them yet though to see if they have the parts. If you do, let me know how you make out.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I appreciate your input.

I am 2 months in on my Kleen machine. Costco has sold out of them im told due to overwelming demand. My neighbor has a polaris cleaner that was twice as expensive and he borrowed my KleenMachine and said it did a much better job. By the time he logged on to costco they were sold out. Plus you cant beat costcos satisfaction guarantee on their products. Im very happy with my purchase
    18,000 gal ig salt pool krystalkrete plaster 7x10 raised spa w/ 2 spillovers
    4x20 wet deck, waterfall, 17ft infinity edge, deck jets, nexxus lighting
    Jandy pumps & controls, Aquapalm PDA, 400k heater, Kleen Machine robot
    (6) 4x12 solar panels, clear solar cover