Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: GLI Gerano or Bonito?

1. Back To Top    #1

GLI Gerano or Bonito?

Hi All,

We're struggling here deciding on a liner. I think we narrowed it down to the 2 GLI liners. Does anyone have these liners? Do you love them, etc? pros and cons?

Thanks,
    Chris

Pool.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: GLI Gerano or Bonito?

Can you post pictures of the liner choices? Many may not have used them, but like me, would be interested in seeing them and offering you an opinion anyway!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

LOVE Gerano, best color liner I have seen in person!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Bonito I did not consider, I personally don't like the bright blues.

I was between Tan and Gerano, I am very happy!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24X44 IG Vinyl Custom Shaped Pool, Starite S7M400 Cartridge Filter, Starite Sumpermax VS Pump, built July 2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, NG Starite SR400 Heater, Easytouch with Screen Logic, Magicstream Laminars, Bullfrog A7 Spa

5. Back To Top    #5

Here are a few more, they should be finished this week, I will post more when they are done-

As you can see different brightness of the sun changes the color a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24X44 IG Vinyl Custom Shaped Pool, Starite S7M400 Cartridge Filter, Starite Sumpermax VS Pump, built July 2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, NG Starite SR400 Heater, Easytouch with Screen Logic, Magicstream Laminars, Bullfrog A7 Spa

6. Back To Top    #6

That Gerano makes for some gorgeous water pictures! I think it would be my preference over the bluer one too. To me it looks more natural and closer to a gunite pool look.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    That Gerano makes for some gorgeous water pictures! I think it would be my preference over the bluer one too. To me it looks more natural and closer to a gunite pool look.
    Thank you!! I agree, it's very natural looking, exactly what I was looking for.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the pics! Your pool is beautiful. I do love how the water changes color in each pic. I wanted Black granite but we already have the white stairs. With that being said some of your photos look like that deep blue color that I've seen in some of the black granite pics.

Who's your PB?

we almost ditched GLI all together and went with Lancashire blue. I'm definitely going with Gerano now, thanks!

9. Back To Top    #9

Do you ever think the liner is too light when it's really sunny out?

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
    Do you ever think the liner is too light when it's really sunny out?
    I do not think it is too light at all, I almost did not post that one picture with my boys, that is not a true gauge of the color, the Picture did not come out well.

My Pool Builder is Sun Splash Pools and Spas out of Ludlow, MA. They have been great, it is taking longer then expected, but he is very detailed oriented, I do not mind the extra time.