Lowering water to find leak around steps in shallow end

U72275

May 28, 2015
Wagoner, OK
I have developed a leak and I am thinking it is in the shallow end around the steps. I have lowered the water below all of the outlets and the leak continues leaking about an 1 1/2" a day. I have a sump pump at the shallow end of the pool that is keeping up with the leak. I have allowed the water to get about 2 inches below the return eyes which leave about two feet of water in the shallow end. I have used water coloring and checked all of the screws around the steps that hold up the liner and tightened a couple but that did not affect the leak.

I would like to lower the water below the steps so I can take the strips from around the steps but I am concerned about the liner falling if I allow the water to get to low. Does anyone know if lowering the water to the floor level in the shallow end can cause the liner to fall?

Thanks,

Doug

Hello Doug, and welcome to TFP! Most discussions for vinyl pools state not to lower the water any more than 1 foot from the bottom to prevent damage or issues with the liner. Anything lower than a foot and things can get risky. Maybe some other vinyl owners can chime-in with guidance to assist. Happy to have you on the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.