Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward AquaPlus vs ProLogic?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward AquaPlus vs ProLogic?

I'm killing myself trying to sort through the different options PB's are proposing for a Viking Venice 16x40 fiberglass pool my wife and I are getting quotes on.

What the heck is the difference between the Hayward AquaPlus and the ProLogic?

We are doing a pretty basic install. No spa, no water features, robot for cleaning. We will have SWG and a 2-speed pump to save some energy.
    ac

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward AquaPlus vs ProLogic?

The AquaPlus controller is identical to the Prologic P4 controller. The P4 just requires you to buy the SWG cell separately whereas the cell is included with the AquaPlus.

The Prologic PS# controllers add a few other features and a 4th valve controller. You should have no need for this.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    The AquaPlus controller is identical to the Prologic P4 controller. The P4 just requires you to buy the SWG cell separately whereas the cell is included with the AquaPlus.

The Prologic PS# controllers add a few other features and a 4th valve controller. You should have no need for this.
    How do you figure out what those "other features" are? I can't find a worthwhile comparison on Hayward's site for the life of me

ac

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Sorry posted in error
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Download and read the manuals.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Download and read the manuals.
    That doesn't seem like very good advertising strategy haha.

I guess that's what I'll do.

ac

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

How many different model controllers does Hayward make that will power a SWG. I know that the AquaRite controller has been sold with a lot of different model names, numbers, and even different brand names stenciled on it.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej View Post
    How many different model controllers does Hayward make that will power a SWG. I know that the AquaRite controller has been sold with a lot of different model names, numbers, and even different brand names stenciled on it.
    It looks like "a lot".

It's not super easy to figure out it all out. Hayward really just needs a GOOD comparison chart on their site.

ac

9. Back To Top    #9

There is the AquaRite which is only the SWG controller (many different brandings)

The Pro adds the sense and dispense.

The Prologic P4 / AquaPlus is basic automation system.

The Prologic PS4 adds another valve controller, macro functions, a few other bells and whistles. This is more for pool & spa setups (thus the PS)

Then the PS8 etc, just adds more electrical relays.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

avc8130, I also found the Hayward equipment differences very difficult to understand and compare in their various websites. FWIW, we are fairly technical and still struggled, if that makes you feel any better!
    17K, IG, Gunite, 16x30 Rectangular, Beadcrete Water Blue, Hayward C4030 cartridge filter, 2 Hayward SP3400 VSP Variable Speed Pumps, Hayward T-Cell 15 Salt System, OmniLogic Automation, PCC 2000 Infloor cleaner, Coverstar auto cover, 3 deck jets, 3 Savi Melody LED lights, flagstone deck and coping, attached raised winterized spa, TF-100 Test Kit, SpeedStir, build completed 09/10/15.