Graduating from the 'Build' forum - Starting my TFP saga!

Is the water exchange going to be on their dime? I would assume so. I can see why they want to try that product as it is probably a lot cheaper than spending the time to pump out 8000 gallons of water and truck in (?) or reimburse you for 8000 gallons of water.

The super came by and drained more than half of the pool .. I calculated to approx 10K gallons. He said pebble finish is just 4 days old, so I can just fill it with two hoses..just like I did it the first time.
He says they will guarantee the finish, etc.
We just started refilling and I am keeping the pebble finish as wet as I can physically can.

I still have to send them the final payment amount.. will deduct the expense involved with refilling 10K gallons and be done.

It's been quite a roller coaster experience so far..

Man, that stinks about the partial emptying. All it took was some guy being careless about dumping in chemicals. As long as the PB stands behind their products, you should be protected but I hope nothing adverse happens from this event. Hang in there!! I went with Blue Granite for my pebble sheen...we love it...you'll love yours! Would love to see some pics of that color once filled back up again.

Got the pool refilled after draining. Here are my values from this morning.

This morning (8 AM)
FC - 0
CC - 0
TC - 0

pH - 8.2 (maybe more.. since the color was quite darkish pink)
TA - 130
CH - 150
CYA - 55

So, according to pool math, I have to..

- Add 1 gal of bleach (8.25%)
- Add 1 gal of Muriatic Acid (bring down pH to 7.2)
- Aerate to increase pH and lower TA (to a goal of 70)
- Add 16 lbs of Calcium Chloride to bring CH to 250
- Add 281 lbs of salt to bring ppm to 3800
- Will not touch CYA - keeping it at around 55 for now...

I am going to follow the startup procedure for salt pools

Question:
- I already have the salt bags and Muriatic Acid jugs with me.
- What 'Calcium Chloride' should I buy? I will be going to a HASA store nearby to buy bleach this afternoon.
- Should I wait till my FC levels are stable and I pass the OCLT BEFORE I mess around with CH?

Thanks..
I just dumped 0.8 gal 10% Liquid Chlorine..

pHV8Dvd.jpg

And also added 0.5 gal of 31.45% Muriatic Acid

qgKS9hQ.jpg

Will check values later tonight...
TFP is quite exciting, especially when you do things yourself!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like I am getting to know the pool's temperament .. :)

This morning (7:30 AM)
FC - 4
CC - 0
TC - 0

pH - 7.2 (Planning on aerating it this morning)
TA - 130 (not measured today)
CH - 150-175 (not measured today)
CYA - 55 (not measured today)

For now, I am concentrating on FC and pH balance...
Later, will buy PoolTime Calcium Hardness Increaser from Home Depot to increase CH to 250 (Pool Math says I need 183 oz or 15 lbs of Calcium Chloride)
Is this quantity of Calcium Chloride OK to add at the same time to the pool>?

This is a constant conversation and I won't promise to know the correct answer but I simply do not use CSI and I do not encourage others to do so.

There are some special cases of very high CH pools where CSI becomes significant but this reported CH of 175 is certainly not one of them.

I suggest staying within the guidelines we use in Pool School will keep your pool sparkling without the need for a CSI calc.

On another note, raising your pH up from 7.2 is not necessary. It's within the guidelines @ 7.2 and will tend to drift upwards anyway.

Last evening, I added 10 lbs of Calcium Hardness increaser..

zjwhU3L.jpg

Here are my current values - this morning at 8:30 AM:

This morning (7:30 AM)
FC - 6
CC - 0
TC - 0

pH - 7.5
TA - 130
CH - 275
CYA - 55

Now that my CH is balanced, this week...
- I have to slightly tweak the CYA to bring it to 75
- Somehow bring down the TA to around 80 - Will do the 'decrease pH and aerate' method couple of times and see how it comes down.

My SWG is not yet switched on .. I am maintaining the FC with bleach for now.. Will start SWG later this week and dial it in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.