Taking down an above ground Intex ultra frame pool

Aug 30, 2015
toronto
Hi Everyone,

this is is my first post.

We live in Toronto Ontario and would like to hear from people who live in a similar climate and have an above ground Intex ultra frame pool.
Must the pool be taken down for the winter? If so, can it be stored in a shed?
thanks
mario57

I used to take mine down and store it in our shed. Left my 18' up two years in a row, with now problems. I drained the below the intake, drained and removed pump, storing it in the Unheated garage. We had a really cold winter last year, with 15 below zero temperatures. When I took the pool down in June to give to a friend, the posts still looked very good and the liner looked great.

I live in Manitoba, where it gets -35 in the winter, so we take it down every year. SO far no problem...........
I give it a good scrubbing, then drain it. Once drained I take some towels and give it a good wiping, and then dry it inside it. Then we wipe down the outside wall, and take it apart. As we fold it up, we wipe and dry each exposed area of the bottom, and then fold again. Takes me only couple of hours to do the entire process after the pool is drained.
I store it all rolled up, wrapped in a fabric tarp, in a heated shop. I would not store in cold storage myself as I think that is just asking for trouble with cracks, etc later. My brother used to take his down into the basement once it was all rolled up for storage.

I like that. The rolling up and the drying would make a big difference. Much less chance for seam splits and crease pin holes. I like that very much and will add it to my stuff to remember and suggest.

Thank you very much for posting that.

How many seasons on the same pool?

I have a Coleman Power Steel Frame 16' x 48" pool that we put up this summer. I am going to leave it up for the winter. A neighbor has an Intex steel framed pool and left it up last winter and it survived with no problem. And our last winter here was as cold and snowy as it could be. I have purchased a winter cover and air pillow and will hope for the best.
Larry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We’re in Seattle and leave ours up. Drain below the intakes, treat, four air pillows, winter cover tired down and an automatic pump sitting on the cover…worked really well last last winter. This year we hav to contend with draining the solar panel and some additional piping but nothing too terrible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.