Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pump for slide.

1. Back To Top    #1

Grants Pass, Or.

pump for slide.

I have a slide that requires 20GPH. The way the builder ran the plumbing I have to run my pump at 3000rpm just to get water to the slide. This is after the PB put restricters in all 4 returns... I don't want to spend the money on running my 1.5hp pump just to use the slide... and I would like to not have restricters in the returns either... So I thought I would use a pump inline just before the slide. This would pull water from the returns when the main pump is off and from the filter when the main pump is running... So what pump do I need to get 20gpm at 12 to 15 ft of head?
    20,000gal. inground, Pentair SuperFlo VS 1.5HP, Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater, Pentair EasyTouch single body control/Load Center with IC40, Pentair Cartrige filter and Cover Pools automatic cover.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: pump for slide.

Is there no way to redirect the water to the slide? Bad design. The builder should have had a separate line for the slide so you can control the flow between the slide and the returns. If it were me, I would make him fix HIS mistake.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner