Does the Pool Pilot Digital need to be covered?

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
I'm wondering where to place the Total Control System with tank in my backyard. Do I need a roof over it? I have about 20ft wide X 10ft deep space with a fence on one side and a large shed on the other. Perhaps next to the shed, or mount the whole thing onto the side of the shed and cover it with a roof to keep the sun and rain off of the system?

Are there pictures here of peoples' setups, so I can get an idea? The pics I've been seeing don't look like they are covered. Won't the sun adversely affect it?

No the system doesn't need to be covered. It is made for outdoor use. With that said of course any time you can keep direct sunlight from beaming on equipment for several hours a day the better off you will be. This goes for all things including pumps, filters, PVC, etc...

The one thing to be cautious of is that a sprinkler is not hitting the unit from beneath the installation as this could of course cause some problems. But as I mentioned above other than that there it is made for outdoor use.

Also you don't want to enclose the power supply in any sort of box or anything as it needs room for air to circulate.

Hope this helps...

Thank you.

I do have sprinklers in the area but it seems I have to choose between a pool/with pavers or grass, as my yard is rather small. I was planning on removing the sprinklers anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.